Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Zmaul Lead

Hello Guys !
I Would like to run Zmaul lead, but before I put my zeta on him I would like to know two things.
1.So if I get critically hit then I will gain stealth that is true. BUT Biggs bloody Darklighter got his ability when he attacks (probably crit) and after that wedge and a 3.rd ally also attacks. So the question is: If Biggs attack will crit, will I gain stealth straight away ? or all 3 of them going to attack and only after I am going to get stealth which is pretty much useless because I am dead already... :(
2. How much speed I need to go first ? Under his leadership all of my siths are going to get 20% TM
but I don't know how much is that in speed... Best would be if maul could go first daze everyone and then nihilus ability block everone... but due to Maul's low speed I don't know if it is even possible ?
Thank you in advance.
  • Biggs will always call wedge and a random to assist, unless dazed; even vs maul lead and if Biggs crits. But they have major dodge so dodging the attacks and staying alive will most likely happen.
    To figure out their speed; multiply their speed by 1.25 to get the 20% tm added to your first turn speed.
    I was one of the first people using zeta maul; he was my first zeta back in January and I used him for many months.
  • 1) You gain Stealth but it doesn't matter since the assists will still go through, and Zaul is most likely dead.

2) 20% TM is effectively 25% extra Speed for the first turn. So for example if your Zaul is at 216 speed, his first turn speed is 270 which should be decent enough to go before most characters. If you can get Zaul to Daze first, then nobody will be called by Bigg's assist. (So yes, it's possible, that is what I used to do.)

Zaul is really not that great anymore, not after R2 so I still wouldn't advise investing a Zeta on him.
  • "Huatimus;c-1309950" wrote:
    1) You gain Stealth but it doesn't matter since the assists will still go through, and Zaul is most likely dead.

2) 20% TM is effectively 25% extra Speed for the first turn. So for example if your Zaul is at 216 speed, his first turn speed is 270 which should be decent enough to go before most characters. If you can get Zaul to Daze first, then nobody will be called by ****'s assist. (So yes, it's possible, that is what I used to do.)

Zaul is really not that great anymore, not after R2 so I still wouldn't advise investing a Zeta on him.

If R2 is not there, evasion helps to survive the 3 shots. Yes, zMaul is not that great for now but maybe he doesn't care about the top arena ranking. Some people still continue to play what they like.
  • I see several in my Dec 16 shard running a zMaul Sith team plus zKylo...my Wiggs team struggles a bit against them, depending on how fast they are modded.
  • Do not invest in Maul. Just transitioned our of a Zaul squad. The parties over unfortunately. Go rebel or empire if you wanna survive any meta.