Forum Discussion

SenateBryan
New Novice
22 days ago

Game preventing sound from other apps

When using SWGOH app it is preventing sound from anything else on my iPhone. 

If i am playing music or trying to stream a video it will stop the other app from playing. It is only the SWGOH app that does this. 

I have been through the settings and cannot find anything that would cause this, it started about 1 month ago with an update, seemingly coinciding with the audio bug affecting the raid. I've tried with having in game sound and music enabled and disabled. 

Immediately upon minimizing or closing the SWGOH app music or sound resumes. 

• Hey, you’re not gonna believe this,  but it’s still not fixed 

ItzZEOx
    Seasoned Novice

I’ve found a “mini” fix. If you have a device that came remotely “press play” eg the click on AirPods, that’ll continue to play the music. Apart from that, ya stuck. Doesn’t make ea money, so don’t expect a fix anytime soon… took them a year to fix cap rex… just saying…

SenateBryan
      New Novice

Yes, it sucks. I play music to our office Bluetooth speakers at work from my phone. Or in those cases where I'm not driving but my phone is the one the car syncs to for music and directions. 

• https://trello.com/c/KjFECAdK/1467-audio-and-video-from-the-spotify-twitch-netflix-youtube-in-a-pip-and-other-apps-stops-playing-when-swgoh-is-active

SenateBryan
      New Novice

Thanks, that tracker states it is only when in PIP (picture in picture).

I just want to point out it is not only in PIP. If there is music or sound of any kind playing, PIP, background, minimized, etc, it still cuts it out and stops it

SenateBryan
      New Novice

Are other people having this same problem? I have not been able to find anything in here, which is why i posted. 

I'm curious to see if it is a game issue, iOS issue or just me.