Forum Discussion

ua3zr7qrg2yo
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

How do I change language on PC?

Finally I was able to escape my language and play in English on PC, and now all of a sudden it changed also on PC.

How do I set English on PC? I already changed the EA app language and it doesn't make a difference and I don't want to change location, because it might change the settings in-game of my refreshes etc.

Please let me play in English finally, all the guides and discussions around the game are in English, tell me which parameter to add in the "advanced launch options" or what I have to do to play in a language of my choice, thanks.

• I did it!

I changed the EA app language to english, search in regedit under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node and change from the local language to en_US (\EA Games\SWGoH -->Locale ). After that REPAIR the game in the EA app in the options. And at this point magically the game is back in english.

Guess in the future they will add the option in game (i hope) or at least the string to put under advanced launch options (i tried everything with no success ex. -language en-US   ,  -language en_US , -l en,  -l en_US etc.

Hope i was helpfull, have a nice day and may the force be with you :)

Zeranix
    Rising Novice

I did it!

I changed the EA app language to english, search in regedit under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node and change from the local language to en_US (\EA Games\SWGoH -->Locale ). After that REPAIR the game in the EA app in the options. And at this point magically the game is back in english.

Guess in the future they will add the option in game (i hope) or at least the string to put under advanced launch options (i tried everything with no success ex. -language en-US   ,  -language en_US , -l en,  -l en_US etc.

Hope i was helpfull, have a nice day and may the force be with you :)

Klima_Leugner
      New Novice

sadly not working for me. 

after repairing it always changes back the registry. i changed language and location in the app too but no combination works

dreamdancer582
      Rising Newcomer

Thanks for your solution.

This is so 1990th 🙄 why CG isn't able to do one thing right.

30fe26528ce16bb2
      Newcomer

Unfortunatelly it did not work for me... After repairing the game in EA app, the local language was back to the previous one. Any ideas on how to prevent this?

Zeranix
        Rising Novice

just to be sure i changed even the language of the EA app before repairing. Try to re-do all the steps and let me know!