Forum Discussion

Nomelas
Seasoned Newcomer
3 months ago

PC Client - Always Error on First Startup

I have been playing SWGOH on android for a few years now. I recently been able to try it on PC, but I always have an issue the first time it loads. It used to load to a black screen after the EA / Capital Games logo screen (the Disney / Lucasfilm screen would not appear), and i would have to exit out of the game and relaunch it and it would usually work, but often I would need to do it multiple times.

Since the most recent update, it seems a bit better, but now I am prompted with this after the Disney / Lucasfilm screen, and clicking reload will eventually get  me into the game. "[ERROR_MESSAGE_EADP_CONNECTION_FAILED]"

This is not isolated to just my PC, it's happening on my laptop as well. I've tried repairing and uninstall + reinstalling both the game and the EA desktop app and nothing works.

gthesob
    Seasoned Newcomer

I'm getting the same error. The app refuses to authenticate with my VPN, though this has never been an issue on my android phone or android on BlueStacks.

• I'm having the same issue. Game works fine on my phone, but get this message any time I try to play on my PC through the EA app. I've tried repairing the game files and reinstalling, but that didn't work

Nomelas
    Seasoned Newcomer

After this latest update, we're back to black screen.... I much prefer the Restart popup that appeared before since i could click that and not have to force close the app and relaunch.