Forum Discussion

SolitaryBeing
Seasoned Novice
7 years ago

A thought about retuning bills percentage

So I was doing some exploring in NRaas's retuning options and I came across the option for bills.
(General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.Core > Mailbox > kPercentageOfWealthBilled)

The default 0.013 (or 1.3%) is for all year round but what if you configured w/seasons EP to be slightly more expensive in the winter?
Bills would be more expensive in the winter due to heating costs and stuff but relatively the same for other seasons.

This was just a thought mind you, I might think about changing this option but without trying to screw over other households.
  • Vehicular cleanup is supposed to target abandoned vehicles, not those sims have purchased and are actually using. Let's say a sim purchases a vehicle, drives it into town, parks on a lot there rather than shoving it into their inventory, and goes about their business. Then they get pushed to the lot across the street, they don't need to drive there when they can just walk/run across the street. Then down the block. From there they might take a taxi or subway to their next destination. By the time they are finished, the game can very well lose track of whose vehicle that was and it either stays on the original community lot forever or becomes subject to cleanup.

It's kind of a tradeoff, trying to balance between having vehicles cleaned up at all which is practically required to keep clutter out of the game files and things like this getting confused and falling victim to the process.
  • Yeah I get what you mean, I've noticed sims will arrive somewhere and just run down the street to another lot.

Most of the sims in my town have started using taxis to go places so occasionally you can go into Map View and see a whole bunch of yellow vehicles driving everywhere - whether or not that's a consequence of them abandoning their vehicles (or never owning one in the first place) is still undetermined. It's still pretty amusing to watch though if you know what time of day to look.
  • I may tinker with that option as I have the mod installed already.

I've noticed some weird behaviour with food trucks and ice cream vans where they'll just get stuck in one spot on the map unless they're reset.
    After that they start off again and disappear into the void never to be seen again (until the next day of course)