Forum Discussion

riennatelemnar
Seasoned Newcomer
5 years ago

Age taking a while to show up once taking out of Nraas caste manual

When I first rotate into a family, it's taking nearly a full Sim day for their age to show up. Is this normal?

7 Replies

• The delay in the sim's info tab catching up to reality doesn't mean the sim isn't really aging though. If you pass midnight on a sim who should be aging now (or not) due to a change in caste membership, they should do so regardless of what it says on their screen tab.
  • Sims age when they are pregnant. What they cannot do is "age-up" to the next life stage. So a pregnant YA, for example, will remain a YA even if their birthday passes during the pregnancy. They really shouldn't be able to become pregnant when so close to aging up in the first place, but if aging were off on them and then later resumed then this can happen.

Is it possible you are bringing these sims into EA's version of CAS or its subsets to change appearance or alter their wardrobes along the way? If so, the game will randomize their age within their current age stages. The MasterController versions of CAS and its subsets (Edit in CAS, Stylist) do not do this. To extend the effects of MC CAS onto the in-game versions, the MC Integration module is required.

Ages that have diverged from where they should be for any reason can be changed/fixed with the two MasterController Cheats commands (Age Relative and Age Absolute) as long as one doesn't try to cross age stages that way.
  • If you do not wish to use MC to fix their actual age values now, then yes you can present a sim with a cake at any time to trigger their age-up to the next stage. I wouldn't recommend that plan for elders unless you were also planning on entertaining Grimmy that day as their "next age stage" is not in this world. :)
    UlanDhor
    Seasoned Novice
    If you have aging set to "off" in your rotations caste, that seems to happen quite often. A reset after taking them out of the caste usually helps, if you want to force it. Of course, you can always see the age with Master Controller (Status->Personal or Intermediate->set absolute age (or similar wording)).
    riennatelemnar
    Seasoned Newcomer
    It does catch up. It seems to take 6-8 Sim hours but it catches up. Thanks for explaining that they are still aging. I still think something is weird with aging. I created six families, two adults in each family, same age. In all cases, their ages are totally different now. One couple is 14 days apart. At first I thought it was only the females as I thought someone told me that they don't age when pregnant. But I have one couple who the female is 14 days older than the male.

Thanks for the tip Turjan. I'll keep it in mind. My current plan is that when one of the couple has a birthday, I will get a cake and age their mate.
    riennatelemnar
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Actually I do think that many of the Sims with the wonky age differences might have gone in CAS to a change. Some because I didn't like their hair or whatever and some because there is a stylist in town and she has done makeovers of hair/clothes for a ton of residents.

Can I age them up with a birthday cake when the spouse reaches a birthday?
    riennatelemnar
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "igazor;c-17351001" wrote:
    If you do not wish to use MC to fix their actual age values now, then yes you can present a sim with a cake at any time to trigger their age-up to the next stage. I wouldn't recommend that plan for elders unless you were planning on entertaining Grimmy that day as their "next age stage" is not in this world. :)

:D Duly noted.