Forum Discussion

16 years ago

Ambrosia didn't work .......

Awwww .. why didn't my ambrosia work? My sim made it, ate it ... she got up and got started to float, got very colorful ... it said she was resurrecting and then ..... nothing. She's still a ghost. I'm trying to get my movie uploaded here, but it isn't. She has cooking to 10 and gardening to 10 and knew the receipe, but I guess she'd have to to just make the Ambrosia right?

The only thing I wonder about is that she had a death flower in her inventory at the time. It's gone now. I wonder if that messed things up.

Any ideas anyone?
  • Hey love the Michael Jackson picture. We're going to miss him.

I was not sure what the ambrosia did, I thought it made them younger if they ate it. I miss the green water bottle in Sims 2. I also took at headstone to the lab. It was ok but.. the howling got on my nerves. They were good baby sitters though. LOL
    I finally took their headstone back to the graveyard. Someone aid something on another thread about maybe having ghost babies. Has anyone tried it?

I was told to go to the river by the graveyard to catch the death fish. This is in Riverview after midnight. He went once but didn't catch one.
    The wife has 9 in cooking and working on the gardening.

What does the Angel food cake do. I made one but, nothing different happen. Is it suppose to?
  • Ambroisa has worked every single time for my ghosts and their ghost kids - and in all cases though only worked on the ghosts once they were ressurected by the science Center. Ambrosia only aged them back to the start of their age before the science Center ressurected.

All I know about it was both the death fish and the life fruit had to be considered "Perfect". The ghosts had to be playable and at the start of their age. All their needs had to be green except for hunger. And the ambrosia had to be made one dish at a time. It cannot be made under Serve "ambrosia" it had to be made under "have" ambrosia. I made my main ghost have all the levels (10 for fishing) 8 for gardening, and 10 for cooking. He had the green thumb trait and the green thumb award, as well as angling trait, and natural cook trait. He caught the perfect death fish. He grew the perfect life fruit. (By the way he also had a couple of death flowers in his inventory and they were not affected by his change - as they were still there after he became alive) Finally I had him "have ambrosia", he ate it, floated up, saw fireworks and went normal skin color. Then I instructed him to have ambrosia again, only I stopped him from eating it, and called his ghost daughter to the table. She too turned. Finally I had him do the same for his son. Like clockwork, the boy turned too.

I have since repeated the process in two other households, and have had no problem in turning them.

Only in one new household I have a problem as it was a downloaded house with a ghost mom and baby, with a living dad, as she does not have the traits and it seemed she never can grow the perfect life fruit or catch the perfect death fish. I finally have the reward points to buy the midlife crisis thing, so I can change her traits, but I haven't done that yet. So I'm hoping this is what is preventing the change.

• kcpz wrote:
    LeahxRIx8 wrote:
    The only thing I wonder about is that she had a death flower in her inventory at the time. It's gone now. I wonder if that messed things up.

Seems like that'd be the problem. I've never try it before, but it seems the logical answer? :XD:

oh wow kcpz where did u learn about that emoticon :XD: is it a sercret??

sorry to go OT. I don't know anything about ambrosia ::-/:
  • So you guys. I was trying to bring back my sim with ambrosia too and nothing happened, my sim was still a ghost. HOWEVER the try for a baby option came back and the first time she failed to get pregnant. BUT when I tried again she turned back solid! No more ghost sim. I hope this solves the problem for someone!
  • @dymoncandy101: I truly hope no one was having this problem for nine years straight.

Also sometimes the game lags with removing the hidden traits from supernatural sims when they're cured/a ghost eating ambrosia.
  • "dymoncandy101;c-16727803" wrote:
    So you guys. I was trying to bring back my sim with ambrosia too and nothing happened, my sim was still a ghost. HOWEVER the try for a baby option came back and the first time she failed to get pregnant. BUT when I tried again she turned back solid! No more ghost sim. I hope this solves the problem for someone!

@dymoncandy101, I do believe that you're playing TS4 as I'm seeing posts that you've made in the past in the TS4 section. And if that is the case, then you might want to post this solution over in that section as this is an old TS3 thread from 2009... ;)
  • Hello!

As this thread is over 9 years old, I'm closing it down. Here are some helpful threads for new users to post questions in.

If you need help and it's an issue, I'd redirect you to this thread which will offer you some insight on where to get help with issues: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944810/update-on-the-sims-4-help-center/p1.

That link will have some info on how to get help and link to a useful our AHQ forums specifically tailored for Sims users.

Thanks to @igazor for pointing out my folly! :sweat_smile: