Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Challenge: Rags to Riches

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... sims 1 and 2 existed ;)

There was once two challenges in these games.

The Sims 1 "pauper to prince" challenge: you start off on a vacant lot, build what you need to survive, save up enough money to eventually end up in the most expensive house in your neighborhood.

The Sims 2 "Survival" challenge: you create a sim or sim family and place them on a lot which is essentially a park in appearance, take away all their money, and try to make them survive.

I've seen both of them brought back for sims 3, I'd love to see how many of you can combine the challenges. I declare (I'm sure it's been proposed before on another forum) a challenge.

The title of this challenge will be "Sims 3: Rags to Riches" the rules: you must make a sim or family and place them on a lot as described in the sims 2 challenge. The lot is just a basic park setup (toilets are allowed), with benches provided. use the sims testing cheat to remove all of the family funds. try to keep them alive, eventually finding a way to make money and move into the most expensive lot available.

After the initial removing of the funds, no cheats are allowed.

Post your stories on the exchange and post a reply here to let us know to go check it out. I'm interested to see what everyone comes up with and equally interested in seeing what lots, sims, and worlds are created from this.

Happy Simming
  • @HillyBeth
    It does sound fun! But I don't think the OP updates this anymore, as it seems they've been inactive for quite sometime.
    However some stuff has changed since this thread was started(2011) The Stories feature on thesims3.com no longer works.An alternative would be to create a thread here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/stories-and-legacies
    Tons of Challenges and Legacies going on.Just in case someone stumbles upon this thread and wants to try it out.
  • Wow! So this was posted in July and Zero replies?
    Any more details for this challenge? Have you played it yourself and do tell us how did you do? :D -EQ
  • Ooooh, I've been wanting to try this type of challenge for so long!
    I was originally going to do it for a sim called Lucky Perkins, but he died before I got the chance. ^^;

I'll definitely try the challenge on a new sim though!
  • I've done this challenge for sims 4- my current avi is the founder- and it's pretty fun.