Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Choose Nellie's Fate!

As many of you know, Nellie has been suffering from a glitch where she can't sleep due to her husband waking her up for unknown reasons. (Neither of them have a _____ sleeper trait and it happens any time he's in the room she's sleeping in.) So, I had a great idea- why not let other simmers decide Nellie's fate?!
https://i.postimg.cc/k5c748rc/Screenshot-263.jpg
Nellie Marks is married with 2 sons, a toddler and a child. She has just aged up to the adult lifestage and is having a midlife crisis. Both of her parents died of old age recently. She's a stay at home mom, as most women were in 1950, the current year in the game. Her husband, Shaun, is a musician. She also has a brother named Daniel who lives in another household.

OPTION 1: Happily Ever After
This is the most basic of the options. Basically, I try to solve the glitch, then Nellie continues to live happily with her family until she dies of old age in the far future. This would be the happiest, most drama-free option, but it wouldn't fix the glitch, and how can Nellie be happy and care for her family when she's sleep-deprived?

OPTION 2: Cheater Cheater
This option increases the drama. In this one, Nellie gets caught up in her midlife crisis and begins an affair with someone else. Her husband finds out and their relationship is ruined, eventually leading to a divorce. This would solve the problem if Shaun or Nellie moved out, but would surely cause some turmoil and would take several days to carry out. Shaun and Nellie were high school sweethearts, so she couldn't cheat on him, could she? Ah, that's where you're wrong. She already has a wish locked in to flirt with someone else.

OPTION 3: Jelly Bean Tragedy
If this option is chosen, it would completely change my game. Basically, Nellie goes for a walk when she can't sleep, and comes across a jellybean bush. She decides to eat a few... and a few more... which ultimately leads to her premature demise. The family would surely be torn for days, and Shaun would have to raise the kids by himself, but at least the glitch would be solved and I'd get an awesome-looking ghost in the process!

OPTION 4: Make Your Own
Do you have a better idea on what Nellie's fate should be? If so, choose this option and comment your idea!