Forum Discussion

Sasquatchaf1972
Rising Traveler
3 months ago

Console Port

Did anyone else play the PS3/360 version of Sims 3 & Sims 3 Pets? I loved these games & wish they would port them over to the current generation of consoles.

• Sims 3 Pets for Xbox 360 was my first foray into Sims 3. I just loved the karma powers that you could unlock, the town itself and its households, and my personal favorite: the cat ghost hunting ability you unlock when your cat's hunting skill reaches a certain level. (Why did they not have that for the PC version and have cross-pack gameplay with Ambitions' ghost hunter career remains a mystery)

I don't have the current generation consoles as I've switched to the PC versions of the Sims 3, but unfortunately I don't think EA will do a console port of the Sims 3/ Sims 3 Pets. It's pretty much abandonware at this point as they stopped supporting it along with the previous Sims in favor Sims 4 and their project Rene.

But, hey, we can always hope, right?🤔

• I played TONS of the base Sims 3 on 360.  I remember unlocking all of the Achievements and being left with arguably the 3 hardest of the in-game Challenges: sell a super expensive painting (forget the exact Simoleon value), write an autobiography, and write 1 of every book type.

I also own Sims 3 Pets on 360, but I didn't get that until many years later and never invested much time into it and am now more likely to play Sims 3 on PC (where I have all the packs except Katy Perry) when I want my Sims fix.

• YES, bring back The Sims, The Sims Bustin Out, The Urbz, The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Pets, The Sims 2 Castaway, The Sims 3, The Sims 3 Pets to modern consoles