Forum Discussion

IreneSwift
Seasoned Newcomer
4 years ago

Crazy and Annoying!

I put out the stray gnomes and set them to keep stray cats and dogs out of my sims' property, but they are actually attracting more of them. I have had a steady stream, day and night, of stray cats and dogs come into the yard, go straight to the gnomes, bark or hiss at them, then disappear. There were at least 10 or 12 of each on the first day. But at least they're not destroying my sims' newspapers anymore.
    karritz
    New Spectator
    "izecson;c-17702570" wrote:
    I actually got the impression (before seeing your thread) is that the stray gnomes purpose is to deliberately attract more strays rather than keeping them out.

you can set them to do either. They can attract or deter strays.
  • I've always wondered about this, but not enough to try it on my own. What if you have one gnome that attracts strays and another that repels them on the same lot, if that's even possible to do? Do they end up battling it out overnight? Do they each call for reinforcements?
  • I actually got the impression (before seeing your thread) is that the stray gnomes purpose is to deliberately attract more strays rather than keeping them out.
  • I'm going to try the gnomes on my beach city save to check if they work. Aquata and Alaina are always getting strays on their porch. I'll check if it helps any. :)