Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Error when downloading Lucky Palms *Resolved*

Ok so I have posted this in the technical section of the store forums but I haven't had any luck with a reply so here goes:

I have recently purchased Lucky Palms with simpoints however when I go to download it loads about half of the download and an error message comes up that says 'there was an error downloading content, please see the log for more details'. So I check the launcher log files and this is what I get, but it makes no sense to me:

|

Now I have tried numerous ways of trying to get it to work such as re-installing origin, running the launcher as administrator when downloading, clearing my sims cache folders, disabling norton 360 anti-virus e.t.c but there has been little improvement, the only thing I have noticed is the loading bar for the download goes up a bit more than the last try.

My game is patched to the lastest update (1.67) and I have made sure that my store content is patched up. I don't actually have any other store content except from things in my purchase history which I no longer have in my game. I have no custom content or mods and I have recently reinstalled my games after having un-installed about a year ago. I have The Sims 3 base game, ambitions, late night, generations, town life stuff, pets and island life.

If someone knows about what the problem may be and how to fix it, it would be very much appreciated.
  • Iv'e finally managed to get it to download and install. If anyone else is having similar problems to what I had load the game up and login to your account in-game, bring up the downloads dashboard in the options menu and download and install from there. Hopefully this will help some of you, Happy Simming! :-)