Forum Discussion

Lucy_Henley
New Spectator
5 years ago

Failure Object?

My family threw a gift giving party. The first gift the dad received was something labelled *** Failure Object. It seems to be some missing object code or something, it’s just a white box in the family inventory. I have a few bits of CC but they’re all clothing. I have quite a bit of Store content too. Luckily the second gift the dad received was a normal pot plant.

Anyone have any idea what this could be? He seemed to be quite pleased with it haha.
    UlanDhor
    Seasoned Novice
    I usually get that during sculpting, although those are mostly red cubes. Given I hate that frequent glitch where the chisel gets stuck to the hand of the sculptor, I just don't have my sims do sculpting anymore. I always assumed it's some not correctly installed cc, though I don't really know.

I tended to move those to the family inventory (with DebugEnabler if necessary) and sell them at the consignment store.
  • Could be. I’ve got all expansions apart from Into the Future. It’s just a little odd as it’s never happened before. I think I’ll just leave it in the family inventory.
  • I’ve googled it and many people have mentioned it in relation to Roaring Heights and the fixer upper car. I don’t have Roaring Heights though. I have Sunlit Tides and Lucky Palms, both gold edition. This glitch occurred in Appaloosa Plains, though.
  • I just hope it isn’t going to mess with my game. I could just not do gift giving parties anymore, it’s not that much of a loss to them.