Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Game Freezes but Animations Continue

Okay, I've given up! I've tried every single option out there that I've read! I updated all of my mods. I thought maybe installing Overwatch and Errortrap would help but they didn't. It still freezes! The past two times I've played, it's frozen at the exact same time, 7:43pm Sim Time. And considering the game is saved at around 5:00pm Sim Time, this doesn't leave me very much play time. I have done ResetSim * before too and it resolved it the first time, by this I mean it didn't freeze at the exact same time. But now, I'm having problems again. I read that it usually happens because a sim in the town or an NPC got stuck but how do I know when that will happen? There's no way of salvaging my game when it goes into this state, not even ctrl-shift-c. I've also read to save frequently to avoid losing progress but if it's going to happen 2 minutes after I start the game, then what's the point? I'm so frustrated with not finding any solutions. Ps, it's currently running and I can hear the crickets and I can hear dogs barking. Task manager says the game itself is running smoothly. I'm completely at a loss.