Forum Discussion

11 years ago

How do you die of shark attack!?

How do you die of shark attack!? I used evil mermaids to spawn sharks to kill my normal sim. I placed twenty three shark spawners on a diving lot and emptyed it of everything so I could see the sharks. I placed every type of meat n my inventory plus metals. I have given my sim plain traits like unluky and loser, and yet he never dies of shark attack. In my skill journal he survived 173 shark attacks. What am I doing wrong. I own supernatural and I have seen the youtube videos ,but I just want to do it myself you know so I can say I died all the sims 3 deaths because with this one I will!
  • Unlucky trait won't let you die. Even if you are unlucky, death will be cheated. Even if you do die (like fire or drowning), Grim Reaper puts you back to life.
    So your sim was doomed from the start there.
  • From the Sims Wiki: "Unlucky Sims can only die of old age. If they die by any other method, the Grim Reaper will point and laugh at their misfortune, and then resurrect them."
    Same with Insane. Trust me, I tried over & over to kill a crazy Sim. I had to wait until she got old.
  • "AMariseS;13322139" wrote:
    From the Sims Wiki: "Unlucky Sims can only die of old age. If they die by any other method, the Grim Reaper will point and laugh at their misfortune, and then resurrect them."
    Same with Insane. Trust me, I tried over & over to kill a crazy Sim. I had to wait until she got old.

I played the asylum challenge and had 4 out of 8 sims die from cooking before I could get the darn stove upgraded. Trust me, insane sims can die. Perhaps you haven't tried fire yet? The good old pool with a wall should do the trick if you'd like to try hard hehe

• > @skygal333 said:
    > Unlucky trait won't let you die. Even if you are unlucky, death will be cheated. Even if you do die (like fire or drowning), Grim Reaper puts you back to life.
    > So your sim was doomed from the start there.

I know this... I just want to physically see my sim die of it not actually die. I know I'm weird.
  • There's a cheat to get fix your unlucky trait. To get in a shark attack, make sure you are weak since you want to die by it, go scuba diving with a lot of fish in your inventory, it can be caught or bought it doesn't matter. If you see a shark just watch it and stay underwater.
  • I'm not worried about my unlucky trait, from my experience if your sim has the unlucky trait it increases the risk of death. I know you can't actually die of anything ,but old age with it, BUT if you change your unlucky trait with testingcheats as the sim is dying it will die. Yet, that is besides the point a ghost will still appear with the unlucky trait, but the Grimm Reaper wont let you stay a ghost. I want to physically see my sim die from shark attack not so much kill it. I bought each meat and fish item from the store x 12 and put it in my sims inventory. I edited the diving lot and made it flat, deleted everything but spawners and added LOADS more shark spawners. Every time my sims diving skill gets too high I start over. Whenever a shark does attack I use testing cheats to lower her energy so she cant fight back as well. Diving is each sims only skill, for each sim I try. My sims I use are young adult humans. Please help, Im still trying to do this! I even tried making an evil mermaid in my household to summon sharks to kill her fellow household members (not herself). Nothing is working.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "angelcakepony47;15413162" wrote:
    I'm not worried about my unlucky trait, from my experience if your sim has the unlucky trait it increases the risk of death. I know you can't actually die of anything ,but old age with it, BUT if you change your unlucky trait with testingcheats as the sim is dying it will die. Yet, that is besides the point a ghost will still appear with the unlucky trait, but the Grimm Reaper wont let you stay a ghost. I want to physically see my sim die from shark attack not so much kill it. I bought each meat and fish item from the store x 12 and put it in my sims inventory. I edited the diving lot and made it flat, deleted everything but spawners and added LOADS more shark spawners. Every time my sims diving skill gets too high I start over. Whenever a shark does attack I use testing cheats to lower her energy so she cant fight back as well. Diving is each sims only skill, for each sim I try. My sims I use are young adult humans. Please help, Im still trying to do this! I even tried making an evil mermaid in my household to summon sharks to kill her fellow household members (not herself). Nothing is working.

Ok, this worked for me.
    Try having a sim near running out of air. It is hard, but when your sim get's attacked by a shark while nearly drowning, sim WILL die.
    Also, you should also enter the cheat code testingcheatsenabled true and delete moodlet "Mauled by Shark" by clicking on it while holding Control key. Mauled by Shark moodlet prevents your sim from getting attacked by a shark again.
    + I have seen that unlucky sims CAN die underwater. Only thing that saves sims from underwater deaths is a death flower.
  • I´m having the same problem. I´m trying to create all sims ghost types, but this one does not work. Ive tried for over a week (real time). 200 pieces raw meat in the inventory, plus some fish, diving skill very low, no athletic skill, only dive when mood/needs are low, watch the shark, swim where sharks usually spawn, use different sims with varying traits... with no luck. Hes been attacked so many times Ive lost count, but he never dies. What can I do?