Forum Discussion

7 years ago

I dived into mods for the first time. Looking for any recommendations and I have some questions.

I always wanted to avoid mods, but this post from April 6 has changed my mind, months after first viewing it. I adore TS3 store content, got into steampunk and was thrilled to have a world dedicated to that sort of theme, but I couldn't really see it, so I only played in the world for a few brief times. :heartbreak:

Yesterday, changed everything. I viewed two videos that showed me how to Install, Remove, & Organize CC and info about .zip, .rar, .sim, and converting files.

Now, armed with the knowledge about it, I could finally download the one thing I just had to have, the one thing that came with one of the games but never came with the game . . . :|

:star: HINT! :star: It's the unlocked showtime items! Woooo! I don't have to use an exchange lot with the items on it and go through the hiccup of having my sims steal them in order to build stuff anymore! Yeehaw! o:)

But I also downloaded the recommended mods to brighten up Midnight Hollow. <3 The terrain paint mod and plant mod do wonders on that world. I think rflong7's Dream Dimension looks stellar. It's got so many beautiful colors in it and I actually prefer that one over her 'Midnight Dream' one, as I think the sky is a little too bright for that particular world. That said, the reds are gorgeous.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm still not looking to go overboard with anything. I don't want any actual CC like skin, makeup, hair, furniture, etc., etc. I'm only about gameplay mods. I prefer a clean game, since I like to upload to the exchange.

There is one mod in particular I'm looking for, since I like to build a lot. I've downloaded some beautiful lots that make use of this mod. I think it allows objects to be placed at any elevation. For example, you could place the toy bears, which would normally be locked to the ground, on a shelf. Or put the decorative pillows from the Generations stuff pack on the bed or windowsill. I just don't know what it's called(?????????????).

There's also another mod out there that keeps the Baker's Bazaar Collection from TS3 store full, so players don't have to restock it all the time(?).
I found it! NRaas Cupcake Mod

I know the most recommended mods are overwatch and story progression. I'm leaning towards getting overwatch, since it's supposed to clean up your game and I bet mine could use some cleaning up. :D I run all but one expansion pack on a simple laptop that goes barely above the games recs, but it's worked all these years. :* knocks on wood. Story progression I'm a little iffy about, mostly because it seems to change the game dramatically and wouldn't it take up more space, therefore removing the use of overwatch on such a potato laptop? You'll have to convince me on that one . . .

I looked at a few of these and I'm very intrigued.

What do you recommend?