Forum Discussion

7 years ago

My sim keeps getting deleted from my household!

Hi all,

Now I’m hoping this is going to make sense (as it barely make sense to me) but here goes. My sim got into a relationship with a townie, he had a ‘pudding’ face and no relationships therefore I am assuming he was a sim spawned by the town? My sim then had a baby with him.

When I went to visit him at his house, there were 2 of him ?! However they counted as only one sim as my sim did not need to introduce herself to one of them and she could do all romantic actions on both. I decided to ignore it as I thought it would of just been some kind if glitch.

I then asked him to move in to my household and everything has been fine. When I logged on last night however, Nraas error trap came up saying he had a script error, he was then reset back to the household then deleted. He was taken off my sim panel on the left hand side of the screen and completely gone ?! I have tried everything I can think of, e.g ResetSim as soon as I enter the game but the same thing still happens. I also ResetSim * all sims in neighbourhood and two of him appeared in my house again ?! But was then quickly deleted after.

Does anybody have any suggestions to fix this? I removed Error trap from my mods and this seems to have worked for now but I would really like this mod back into my game. I’m also worried that his ‘clone’ will cause complications without the mod! (Also I have no idea where his ‘clone’ is living, his previous house is empty)

I’ve considered saving him as a sim, letting him be deleted then adding him back in and just editing my sim and his relationship however as they have a baby together he wouldn’t show up as the father anymore.

I hope this makes sense LOL! I’m just really enjoying this save and do not want the father to just randomly disappear :D :D :
  • Usually Overwatch (if you have that in play) and ErrorTrap together find and attempt to resolve duplicate sims, not delete them. By the time ErrorTrap gets its hands on a sim or an object like that and takes some action, the sim or object is usually so far corrupted already that it would be pointless to play forward with it. ErrorTrap doesn't go around deleting playable sims.

But yes, we do need to see the ErrorTrap script log uploaded at NRaas (and a support thread opened) in order to better tell what happened there.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload

Testingcheats sim resets don't really accomplish anything other than breaking into some scenarios that might be running, clearing a sim's action queue, and sending them home to a safe place. A MasterController Reset Sim might produce different results, depending on how damaged the sim might have been.
  • I've heard of some similar before but can't remember what it was maybe @igazor can help.
    MinxACB
    New Spectator
    I'd think it's safe to say that ignoring clone sims is not a good thing. I would force kill this sim. Usually when the game deletes a sim like that I find that after some play time the game finds the "loss sim". But saving him to the Bin and then force killing him... Both if you can find them, might work.

As for the relationships, I thought we could edit those with one of the nraas mods. I'm almost certain... I think it's MC.

I hope you get it all sorted out! Nothing worse than a save gone bad.
  • I would join the NRaas site, upload the script error, and ask for advice.

If you decide to save the sim to the bin and add him back to the game, you can edit the family tree with NRaas MC, as @Minx points out. This requires MC's Cheats module.