Forum Discussion

karritz
Seasoned Novice
7 years ago

Perfect Genetics Challenge

My new video series - Perfect Genetics Challenge - is now available for viewing on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/iQUhw5SbutM

This video is a little over 16 minutes. It is an introduction to my founder, Olivia. We first meet her in Create a Household. We see her first home and job. She meets her man and they start getting to know each other.

This challenge ought to be colourful. Not only does Olivia have blue, purple, pink and yellow hair but she has a very pale blue skin and pinkish purple eyes. The challenge requires her to produce an heir, male or female, who has the exact same hair and eye colour.

Once the heir is confirmed, the mother will concentrate on living her life until the heir is old enough to take on the challenge.

There is no upper limit to the number of babies she might have to produce before the heir arrives. Consequently I've set the age spans to be reasonably long but will use cake to age the family up as required.

I plan to stop the mother from having more babies once it is confirmed the heir has been born.

The heir will age up from toddler to child when they have done all of their toddler skills.

And from Child to Teen after completing all of the child skills and getting onto the honour roll at school.

The teen will age up to young adult after they have been to a prom and have learned fishing and cooking skills and read all of the fishing and recipe books. This means they'll need to get to level 7 in fishing and level 10 in cooking before I will let them age up to Young Adult. They may learn other skills along the way and need to be at least A Grade students.

If they haven't learned the required skills and done the required reading within 105 days they'll age up automatically.

When the heir is about the age up to Young Adult, hopefully the day before the teen is ready to age up to young adult, I'll age the parents up to Adult.

The Adult life stage is also quite long just in case the mother automatically ages up to adult before she has produced the heir.

The Elder life stage is also long. Babies will need grandparents around for a while.

I may reduce the length of the Elder life stage at some point if the elders are accumulating.

Moonlit Falls is full of supernaturals and I won't worry about when that population ages up.

I'll be using EA Story Progression so if the town population ages up very slowly maybe there will still be sims around town by the time my founder's descendants start moving into the general townie population.

All babies born to the founder and her heirs will have randomised traits with the one exception that each heir must have the dislikes children trait.

There are no restrictions on how the main household earns their income. They can go out collecting, or gardening or whatever they choose. I will be getting them the no bills ever lifetime reward asap because I have a bad habit of forgetting about the bills and have difficulty working out what the repo man has taken.

Due to the lack of restrictions on how they earn/come by their money the game will have many and varied activities in it throughout this challenge. One of the first wishes my founder got is to travel to Egypt to buy a recipe book. I do plan to grant that wish soon. Perhaps she can go there on her honeymoon.

She has already met her man. I made him specially for her. She's blue with purple and blue hair, he's green with green hair and eyes. But their skin colouring is subtle.

I think that about covers it. I hope you decide to watch. I'm keeping the length of these episodes to around 10 to 15 minutes each.

Please consider subscribing if you are going to watch the videos as that way you'll know whenever a new episode is posted.