Forum Discussion

6 years ago

How mermaid genetics work?

How do genetics work for mermaids?
Does a mermaid child inherit fin colors/shape from one of the parents when age up to teen or is randomly generated?
And what about the new mermaid eyes? Do they work like normal eyes and can be inherited or not?

EDIT: Genetics for mermaids seem to be bugged and children don't look like their parents unless they are created in CAS. But this is not what this topic is about.
So, please, can somebody give me info on how genetics SHOULD work, using CAS?
    alanmichael1
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Mermaid genetics seems to be bugged and works only in CAS. Naturally born babies look like random townies.
  • "alanmichael1;c-17135650" wrote:
    Mermaid genetics seems to be bugged and works only in CAS. Naturally born babies look like random townies.

Thanks. I have checked out Answer HQ and see the bug report. Hope they resolve it as soon as possible!
    But while in CAS, how does genetics works?

This has me really triggered. I was already very disappointed with Island Living... but this is a new low...

Yes Yes!! That happened, I was confused. He looked nothing like his mother or father.
  • "GamingTweety;c-17135975" wrote:
    "alanmichael1;c-17135650" wrote:

Yes Yes!! That happened, I was confused. He looked nothing like his mother or father.

It must only be a bug that happens sometimes, because my mermaid had a son with one of the townie mermaids and they look related. I'll have to take a closer look though. I didn't bother before because I didn't realize this was an issue.
  • as i can see, theres a bunch of bugs from this pack, this including one. i thought i was the only one who noticed genetics were off!
  • Question with this, I made a couple one regular sim other mermaid and made them have a kid, but I couldn’t remove the mermaid occult from the kid no matter their age. Is that just me am I missing something ?
  • "Vines12;c-17137150" wrote:
    Question with this, I made a couple one regular sim other mermaid and made them have a kid, but I couldn’t remove the mermaid occult from the kid no matter their age. Is that just me am I missing something ?

If you want the kid to no longer be a mermaid, they would need to eat the kelp. You may have to wait until they're a teenager, though.