Forum Discussion

Katofhyrule12
Rising Novice
2 years ago

Sims 3 Moonlight Falls: Have you played it?

There are a LOT of videos on Youtube for Moonlight Falls!

I started Sims 4 playing Rags to Riches in Moonwood Mills. I think mostly because I watched some videos for runaway teens that showed me how to play that scenario.

I have been playing a bit in Sunset Valley, but I deleted my entire Sims 3 folder and started over in Moonlight Falls. I think this might be the world where I really learn how to play this version of the game. I certainly have all the video tutorial support that I could ever need. It looks like Moonlight Falls was more popular than Moonwood Mills.

In Sims 4, we start off in CAS building a character. In Sims 3, it looks like we are meant to play the premades. I remade Bailey into more of what I once heard the author of Twilight describe the character Bella. Has anyone remade any of the characters, especially Waylon Wolff? He looks like a dirty old man. I absolutely must do something drastic to him.

I really like the Sims version that gives Edward/Tristan a single sister that dates the werewolf, instead of the triangle for Bella.

If you played this world, I'd love to know how you played it. Especially if you have played both Moonwood Mills and Moonlight Falls.
  • Moonlight Falls is the current home of my long term Sims. They did 5 or six generations in Sunset Valley prior to that.
  • "MantleJackal;c-18295284" wrote:
    Moonlight Falls is one of my favorite worlds. Supernatural was my first expansion pack so it's a world I played the most in.

I love the lore that was included in this town with the Supernaturals. You can find out a lot about supernaturals by having your sim going to places like the Vault of Antiquity or Arboretum. (Sims Lore on YouTube also has several videos going over the lore of the townies :wink: )

Fun fact: Apparently there's something in a vampire's brain that gives them great fashion sense hence why they're always sharply dressed according to the vault.

It's a great world if you enjoy playing supernaturals sims or just like the old, small town feel with a fantasy element.

Yes, I have been watching the Sims Lore videos. They are SO helpful!

The "old, small town feel". Yes! That is what attracts me to these worlds in both Sims 3 and Sims 4. When I first started playing in Moonwood Mills, I was avoiding the occult gameplay as much as possible.

Vampire fashion: thanks for the heads up!

There is so much to explore in this world that I doubt that I will get to it all.

"KevinL5275;c-18295318" wrote:
    I keep confusing Moonlight Falls and Midnight Hollow.

I got these two worlds confused at first, too! I thought I had to buy the world from the store to play the occults. I figured out my mistake just in time.

• EA definitely did not copy the Native American part of the werewolf lore in Twilight. Are there Native Americans featured in any of the Sims 3 Worlds?
  • "MantleJackal;c-18295456" wrote:
    I believe the Fox family in Appaloosa plains are Native Americans.

That makes sense that they are in Appaloosa Plains. Thanks!!!! Pets came out before Supernatural?
  • It does not look like the "Eat outside" mod works anywhere in Moonlight Falls. It does not work on restaurants and combined diner/grocery? We can eat food at the festivals. Are there any other non-rabbithole eat out options?
  • "MantleJackal;c-18295486" wrote:

I'm pretty sure the bistro has an option to eat/drink outside in the base game. It's been a while since I played my save but if a bistro or diner has outside tables there should be an option to have your food there, no mods needed.

I just started over again with a young adult in a single-member household, so I don't waste so much time with school and curfews and family interactions. I want to use all the buildings, so that I can see what they do. In Sunset valley, there were always tables outside, but in Moonlight Falls, sometimes there are no tables. I need to systematically check each eating establishment. I have the rabbithole rugs mod installed too, but have not used it yet.
  • "bandit5;c-18295489" wrote:
    i liked child genies and that you can have child werewolf they get body hair and they howl.

I can't wait to see them!
  • "Karritz;c-18295861" wrote:
    @Katofhyrule12 any world or venue you buy from EA will contain only the objects that were made for that world or venue and base game objects. You need to add your own things to worlds or venues if you need them for your style of play.

Thanks! I keep assuming that things that are available in the basegame world will also be available in Moonlight Falls.

Sharing what you have added is very helpful!

• This thread is old, but most of it is relevant and quite helpful.

IMPROVEMENTS TO MOONLIGHT FALLS

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/589331/improvements-to-moonlight-falls