Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Sim's aging stuck

My household isn't aging up, it seems like aging has stuck and I don't know why. I have reset all the Sims, changed active households, repaired the game. Does anyone know how I can fix it ? Aging is enabled as well. I have also evicted them out of the house and put them back
  • The game's aging manager is known to be fragile. Is it only the active household that is refusing to age (could be an outfit problem) or all sims in town? You could try switching aging off in the Game Options, play for a while, then switch it back on again. But often enough there is no solution without mods other than moving your sims to a new game.

NRaas Overwatch and StoryProgression's aging managers are much more reliable in this regard, for those using mods.

But if the game is operating on a drive that lacks sufficient free space (35 GB free or 15% of the drive, whichever is higher), or is suffering from some other kind of drive related issue, then all kinds of misfiring can happen and the game just won't function properly.
  • Let's start with the Error16 if we could. How large is your hard drive and how much free space has it got? If you have multiple drives with Windows on one and the game installed on the other, then list both. Are you still in the habit of loading up or starting new games after playing an existing one without quitting the game entirely to the Desktop (or Origin) in between as reported a while ago, or is that all in the past? Is there any evidence of your computer malfunctioning in other ways, not related to the game?

Repair Game doesn't really do anything for TS3 unless Origin is acting up and not starting the game up properly. Unlike with TS4 and other games, it really just rearranges things so that Origin can launch it better.

Then perhaps we can move on to the aging issue.
  • I start and load games up with going to the desptop, I am going to get a lot of games deltaled in order for some space. I am more concered about the aging issue rn
  • "igazor;c-16631518" wrote:
    The game's aging manager is known to be fragile. Is it only the active household that is refusing to age (could be an outfit problem) or all sims in town? You could try switching aging off in the Game Options, play for a while, then switch it back on again. But often enough there is no solution without mods other than moving your sims to a new game.

NRaas Overwatch and StoryProgression's aging managers are much more reliable in this regard, for those using mods.

But if the game is operating on a drive that lacks sufficient free space (35 GB free or 15% of the drive, whichever is higher), or is suffering from some other kind of drive related issue, then all kinds of misfiring can happen and the game just won't function properly.

All the sims ain't aging in town. I really don't want to be starting another game :'( It is one of the ones I play all the time.
  • "igazor;c-16631518" wrote:
    The game's aging manager is known to be fragile. Is it only the active household that is refusing to age (could be an outfit problem) or all sims in town? You could try switching aging off in the Game Options, play for a while, then switch it back on again. But often enough there is no solution without mods other than moving your sims to a new game.

I went back into game and noticed that someone out of my household aged up. I think it is only my household. I noticed as well that they was one house that I could not split up or go in on edit town. So, I got rid of it by eviciting it and thought it would help. It didn't to my active household, but it to did to the rest of the town