Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Sims Not Aging/Strange Birthday Glitch!!

Since downloading the latest patch, I have been unable to age any of my toddler or child sims. No matter which family I made active, whether I attempted to throw a birthday party for a sim of a different household, nothing would ever change. They would remain in place, celebrating their birthdays for Simhours on end, eventually stopping or leaving having not changed at all.

Then, after many failed attempts at aging them via the birthday cake and manually through testingcheatsenabled, a child in my active family finally grew up only.. He didn't!

After yet another failed birthday party, I quit and saved the game, only to find my sim stuck in between age groups?

This is the Sim during gameplay. No matter what his actions are, he remains in this shrunken state. The only time he appears as a teen-Sim is in CAS.

As well as his apperance, his traits, and school status are that of a child's, yet he is a teen?

I currently have no custom content nor I have ever used a mod to effect game play and the only game I have other than the base game is Amibitions. I tried resetting the sim several times, yet still, no fix. I am not too attached too the household, but I do want to know if there is a solution to this aging problem.. :( I can't imagine the children of every household to appear this way after finally aging..
  • Writin_Reg wrote:
    Do you have aging turned on, as you can only age up a sim with a birthday cake once if aging is off. It can corrupt the game trying to force another aging after you have had one success. Also when you aged them up the first time was it actually time for them to age up? Had you gotten the notice that it was their birthday the next day, as you usually have to wait for that to age them up or you can corrupt the game. Granted some people have success, but not everyone. Testing cheats also can still corrupt the game as well. Lastly are you sure you have no third party CC, as I do not recognize some of the content in your picture and i have all eps and sps. Have you downloaded any houses with households as you can get bad third party CC when you download households from the exchange, as this really looks like your game has been corrupted. CC does it worse, but repeated forcing age up can do it too, especially if you play with aging off or age them up too often.

So you're saying that a sim can only have one birthday cake if you have aging off? I have aging and story progression off and eventually, I'm going to want to age my sims, but since it's multiple households, I'll want to do it myself. Can you please clarify how or if this is even going to work or if my game is going to be corrupted? I'm sorry I'm a little lost and I've already had 2 cities corrupted. Absolutely NO CC and no mods.

THANKS, if you have the time.
  • Did you try moving them in and out through edit town?

Seems to reset the sims more drastically.

I really hope this works!
  • stonerjenn420 wrote:
    has anyone been able to fix this glitch if so how or am I just stuck with my toddler now :cry: also I have other households on supernatural that I haven't had any problem with aging. someone please help asap!!!

see this for suggested fixes http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/bug-sim-wont-age-up.html