Forum Discussion

5 years ago

There's a huge...crack...in my basement.

So, have you guys had big basements on community lots and have a huge crevice appearing?? I clicking on it in buy mode etc, but nope, nothing.
I've never seen this before. Is it just, messed up leveling on the ground or something? Mind you it's in the basement, not ground floor. Or a part of the game??

I included a picture, I hope it gets posted. Thoughts?

https://i.imgur.com/xnac55i.jpg
  • Karritz: Ah wow I didn't know! I've never experienced it as far as I know of at least.

Side note: I was unclear in my previous posts, but what I really ment to say was that the trees looked like they were placed in there in Edit Town rather than CAW.. but possibly not Build mode? I know that when placing trees in Edit Town, they get that pointed tip at the end rather than looking good like in Build mode on a normal lot, and CAW. But perhaps they get that look if they "sink" in build mode? IDK!! hahah
    karritz
    New Spectator
    "shakeninsane;c-17391930" wrote:
    Karritz: Ah wow I didn't know! I've never experienced it as far as I know of at least.

Side note: I was unclear in my previous posts, but what I really ment to say was that the trees looked like they were placed in there in Edit Town rather than CAW.. but possibly not Build mode? I know that when placing trees in Edit Town, they get that pointed tip at the end rather than looking good like in Build mode on a normal lot, and CAW. But perhaps they get that look if they "sink" in build mode? IDK!! hahah

I don't usually use Edit Town when placing trees. I almost exclusively use Build Mode and that's where I've got all the plants I've had problems with. I don't know that I've had problems with ALL of the trees and plants from build mode but I've had problems with a lot of them and they have that pointy end to the trees.
    NikkeiSimmer
    Rising Adventurer
    Dang, @shakeninsane City Hall needs to send out a building inspector for that one. :mrgreen: They might be issuing a citation to the guy who laid the foundation. ~smirk~

I’m not really sure what causes that but I’ve seen some gaps in the terrain in some spots in some user -created worlds but I’m presuming you're using an EA world?
  • "Nikkei_Simmer;c-17397159" wrote:
    Dang, @shakeninsane City Hall needs to send out a building inspector for that one. :mrgreen: They might be issuing a citation to the guy who laid the foundation. ~smirk~

I’m not really sure what causes that but I’ve seen some gaps in the terrain in some spots in some user -created worlds but I’m presuming you're using an EA world?

Nope, not an EA world. a custom world, but the lot was empty and I built the building myself.
    karritz
    New Spectator
    The biggest 'crack' I've ever had in one of my games happened in Monte Vista. That's a store world. I wanted to build a 5 story house into the side of a hill. I found a hill and placed a new lot using the tool in Edit Town then made a large flat area into the side of it. I started working on my build when the whole side of the hill gaped open and I could see underneath the other terrain as if it was a huge basement. I couldn't fix it so I started a fresh save.