Forum Discussion

7 years ago

TRAVELER MOD QUESTIONs

First some details in case some of it is relevant for my questions:
I started two new saves. One in Midnight Hollow. The other in an empty world of Appaloosa Plains (note: this was downloaded as a stand alone world-not a save, without the need to have Pets installed). I edited some stuff (population mostly) in both saves.
After that, I copied the .nhd file of MH to the AP save folder, of course not while in game. Then, some of the sims from AP traveled to MH. then I switched to another household inside MH, before the original travelers had a chance to return home. The deadline to return home past and they all stayed in MH, as I wanted.
Basically I want to play this save "rotationally" by switching between these two worlds.
Now I have two problems:
1 - at certain point I noticed (don't know exactly when this occurred) -that the family relashionships (=the relatives in the other world, the ones in grey) do not appear anymore in the relashionship panel. However the family tree is complete. I checked this with few sims that have relatives in the other world.
2 - When trying to travel from MH to AP it gives me two options: Appaloosa Plains and Appaloosa Plains {1}. In both cases it brings me to an empty world... like a new save and not like the connected world...

What can I do now? Could someone please explain to me if I did something wrong and how to correct it? (I have a backup of the saves).
Can I have simple instructions on how to perform correctly the save/save as+ the rent stuff every time I travel? I'm a little confused...

Thanks in advanced for any help!
(I just hope my simmies are not stuck in any kind of sim-oblivion... :) )