Forum Discussion

wolfkomoki1
Seasoned Novice
9 years ago

"We recommend only selecting two expansion packs at a time"

• I'm using, seasons, generations, ambitions and supernatural and it works fine. I might add one more do you all think it'll be fine? I'm going to wait till my next generation so much I'm still discovering right now, and I can't decide if I should get, into the future, island vacation or world adventures.
  • "hmae123;15103120" wrote:
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I think I'll just steer clear of the IP EP then. World adventures with its photography skill is appealing to me the most but the into the future one sounds really interesting too.

There is a lot of good stuff in IP itself. Just don't use the Isla Paridoso world.
  • @5782341b77vl It only uncheck when you update your video card, and if you install/uninstall CC via the launcher...
  • Excuse me I have no idea if this message will be seen. I started to play the sims 3 again and bought the Island Paradisio extension pack and I am facing all the flaws and lags you guys talked about. First I realised it was running at 400 fps !! so I installed a fps limiter Nvidia Inspector and it appears to have reduced the lags a little bit but not entirely.

My questions : are the Nraas mods actually still usable after all these years ? are the Nraas mods enough to fix the lag properly ? Or should I download "fixed IP worlds" which I suppose are other mods... ? and are those still usable ... ?
    And also, I have a GPU Nvidia 1650 and the Geforce Experience program advises me to turn on the anti-aliasing system, but I have no idea what it is. I saw on forums that it may actually reduce performances instead of increasing them.

I am new with all this ! I have no idea on how mods work. And I have no idea how nvidia tools work. And also I am french so I apologize for my weird grammar.

Please help, I am very interested about these mods to fix my game. And also to have fun some of them look very cool in their application or effects on game. Heeeeeelp please :)
  • Wow so quick answers thank you very much guys :) !

Suzses thank you so much for the thread I am going to look into it and the forum you indicated. I did not get that part though when you said : "expect the mods to lock it down possibly before you can ask anything else" I'm sorry what does it mean ?

Igazor I did go check the website and it's awesome, you guys really work hard for us to enjoy this game even after all these years I am going to try some as I found tutos (you have a lot of fans!). I actually did not think gamers and fans would still be interested in updating the game mods since the 4th is out. That's great !

Thanks again.
  • One last question I will look further into it but your advices are very useful ! Is there a particular order in which I must install the mods ? for example the IP fixed world from @ciane and the Nraas mods ? Like should I first get Nraas mods such as master controller and overwatch or sould I first check if the IP fixed thread is usable and install it and then install Nraas mods ?
    Is there a possibility that some mods prevent each other from working or do not work simultanously ?
  • Igazor what did you mean by : "with the major lot fixes applied" ?
    I apologize for all these questions :/