Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Why can't my Sim make Ambrosia?

I am playing with the base game and Generations. My Sim is a level 10 in gardening, cooking, and fishing. She has read the recipe for Ambrosia, has grown perfect life fruit, and has caught perfect death fish. These items are both in her refrigerator, and in her inventory. Why is there no option to make Ambrosia? I've tried clicking on the stove and on the fridge, at all meal times, and I never see it as an option.

Any help, please?
    karritz
    New Spectator
    I had the same problem. They I finally worked out Ambrosia can only be made in single servings. So you can't make a group meal and that is what I'd been trying to do.

EDIT: I think it is a breakfast thing too. But not sure of that.

So to see Ambrosia in you menu it is the Have Breakfast menu you need to use. Or Have Lunch (if it isn't breakfast - I can't really remember for sure and my current Sims can't do it yet so I can't verify)
  • I'm almost positive your sim doesn't need perfect quality lifefruit or deathfish. The sims 3 wiki says ambrosia can be prepared any time of the day, but I haven't made it in a while and don't remember. But as Karritz says, it's only a single serving unless you have a mod (I think from MTS) that makes it also a multiple serving dish.

Don't leave it out. Sims will autonomously eat it. I've had that problem (of the wrong sim getting to the ambrosia) before.
  • Thanks Karritz and TreyNutz - I feel so silly, I spent days and days perfecting the quality of the fish and fruit when really, all that was wrong was the serving size! I was trying to make a group serving.

Thanks everyone else for your tips. I'm not ready to feed it to anyone, at least not yet, I was just trying to fulfill a wish that had been sitting with my Sim for a long time.
  • I have been trying to think why you would be having this problem, but when it comes to Ambrosia it can be prepared at anytime of the day or night. Here are a couple of links that talks about Ambrosia that might help.
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Ambrosia
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/cooking/ambrosia.php
  • Thanks, LaBlue0314 - I have read both of these already but still can't figure out why. :( I *think* I'm doing everything right...
  • Oh, overnight guests can find it in the back of the fridge as well. Lost a couple of helpings that way in the past. It's best to move that stuff to a sim's personal inventory and make sure they don't get hungry or put it behind a locked door (it shouldn't spoil) when company comes over for the night. :)