Forum Discussion

NikkeiSimmer
Rising Adventurer
2 years ago

"WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF???!!!!" - The Vent Thread

This is the thread for complaining about the things you end up doing to yourself in The Sims 3

• You're writing a narrative story and paint yourself into a corner now by having to go find certain cc that may or may not be available...
  • You end up doing something that carks your entire game up
  • or endless other scenarios that can possibly make your simming existence a living hell.

Get it off your chest here.

Me:
*here I am painting myself into a corner...

Getting done with that meant they could do a quick run through the campus to see where their classes were so they knew where to be bright n’early Monday (tomorrow) morning.

When they’d done a run-through of their classroom locations, they headed down to Hogan’s which was a good ten minute walk if walked briskly, otherwise it would take at least twenty minutes.

When they arrived they were greeted by their significant others who were seated in chairs, outside, like a pair of morons, shivering.

“What…are you doing?” Bebe made a point of asking, irritated by obvious lack of thought on their partners’ minds, “Do you two want to catch pneumonia?”

“Does it run fast?” Haruo asked, a grin on his face.

“Not funny.” River glared at him. “I don’t want to have to nurse you back to health because you caught a nasty cold thanks to a decision you made.” She pointed at the door of Hogan’s Diner, “Inside…both of you!”

Haruo and Torao meekly made their way inside as ordered. Dinner was four Hogan’s Specials: two burger patties on buns topped with a mayo-italian dressing, lettuce, double layer cheddar cheese, tomatoes and pickles, hold the onions. large fries and a medium Pepsi. None of the group liked onions so they left them off their order. And Haruo and River substituted their medium Pepsi’s for a large banana and cherry, respectively, milkshake.

River swiped a quick sip of her fiancé’s milkshake and said, “Hmmm, I should order the banana shake the next time around.”

“Yeah, it’s good, isn’t it…”

Hogan’s was considered a cross between fast-food and a sit-down restaurant. Food was done up quickly (within 15 minutes of one’s order) and brought out to the table or one could do a take-out order and it would be done in less than ten. Either way Hogan’s was busy from open to close. And all things considered, it was cheap, thus it was a popular hangout for a college town and there were plenty of customers as well as no shortage of employees eager to make some extra spending cash during the semester or for the poorer folk, their rent money over the course of the school year.

The food was good and it was cheap which meant that Haruo wasn’t going to break the bank too much to keep River and him fed over the next four years of study at this institution of higher learning. Between the occasional eating out and mostly cooking at home, they would be alright.

At least he would be able to enjoy the next four years. Study was crucial if he was going into the agricultural sciences, which meant he would need to do better in school with science classes. Maybe he should take a remedial science class so as to make sure he was up to snuff when it came to tackling first year agricultural science classes.

Well he would look into that over the next few days and talk with a student advisor in order to determine what his best course of action was going to be.

When the four were done, Torao said, “I have to get my first few correspondence lessons done. If I do two a week, I should be able to get all 24 lessons completed in three months.” Torao, instead of spending his last six months in high-school had decided to take correspondence courses to finish off the remainder of his school curriculum so that he could be with Bebe.

“That’s a pretty good objective deadline.” Bebe told him, patting his arm.

“The faster I would finish this off, the sooner I can get to play.” Torao grinned. “Go hunting or to go fishing.”

NOW I have to go and make myself the Hogan's Diner at UBC...so that I can shoot the interior of a scene that only lasts 7 or 8 paragraphs.

Now do you see what I mean by the thread "WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF????"
    KevinL5275
    Seasoned Rookie
    No you don't, there are several Hogan's remakes out there you can use. Here's one: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5063471

And another: https://modthesims.info/d/371811/hogan-deep-fried-diner-redo.html

And I use this one: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8807430

• Totally agree, I have a story idea, but I would need a washington dc world and have not found one.
    DivinylsFan
    Seasoned Rookie
    Allow my sims a second baby. And then a bit later throw all caution down the toilet and say ah heck, and let them have a few more, then end up with too many sims in the house that have to die or move out so the next generation can get married or have babies ... although it does add to the drama. But it's tricky and chews up computer power and the house gets huge and awkward.
    Later, like after having a life away from the game for some months and possibly after a new computer too, come back to it and don't dare touch anything because I've forgotten what's what and don't want to mess it up. But I never remember it and it stays there .. So I make a new game and it starts again.

NikkeiSimmer
    Rising Adventurer
    Hopefully they don’t use Store Items. Or can I substitute ATS’s stuff?