Will Sims 3 run on the new Windows 11 that is coming out

I wanted to know will the Sims 3 run on the new Windows 11
    Lonewolf1044
    Seasoned Spectator
    "logion;c-17920031" wrote:
    "Goldmoldar;c-17919993" wrote:
    "Evalen;d-991220" wrote:

It should but I would want to know if one's system is capable of running Windows 11 as MS had thrown an wrench into the works with TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot and also what CPU you using. If your system does not have the capabilities of using TPM 2.0 or at least 1.25 and also no capabilities of using the Secure Boot features you are out of luck and on some systems TPM is not the default selection meaning you might be lucky by going into the security section in your BIOS to see if it is disabled if there is no option you do not have it same with Secure Boot which on some systems are under Boot in the BIOS. If your CPU is above the 8th generation on Intel side and on AMD side Ryzen 2000+ you are good right now as long as you meet the other requirements so some people may need new systems or MBs and the BIOS that support those requirements. You have up till Oct 2025 to upgrade so this is going to affect some folks. Windows 11 will not even install until all requirements are met.

Yeah, I tried the PC Health Check app from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11 to check if my computer was compatible and it wasn't. Unfortunately the app doesn't go into specifics why my computer was not compatible. I guess my CPU or Motherboard is too old and doesn't have those features you listed.

I have an new 10th generation system and it cannot even pass the mustard, so don't feel too bad. MS and Computer companies working hand id hand(Just kidding)
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "Goldmoldar;c-17920049" wrote:
    "Evalen;d-991220" wrote:

It should but I would want to know if one's system is capable of running Windows 11 as MS had thrown an wrench into the works with TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot and also what CPU you using. If your system does not have the capabilities of using TPM 2.0 or at least 1.25 and also no capabilities of using the Secure Boot features you are out of luck and on some systems TPM is not the default selection meaning you might be lucky by going into the security section in your BIOS to see if it is disabled if there is no option you do not have it same with Secure Boot which on some systems are under Boot in the BIOS. If your CPU is above the 8th generation on Intel side and on AMD side Ryzen 2000+ you are good right now as long as you meet the other requirements so some people may need new systems or MBs and the BIOS that support those requirements. You have up till Oct 2025 to upgrade so this is going to affect some folks. Windows 11 will not even install until all requirements are met.

Yeah, I tried the PC Health Check app from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11 to check if my computer was compatible and it wasn't. Unfortunately the app doesn't go into specifics why my computer was not compatible. I guess my CPU or Motherboard is too old and doesn't have those features you listed.

I have an new 10th generation system and it cannot even pass the mustard, so don't feel too bad. MS and Computer companies working hand id hand(Just kidding)

They are gonna have to lower the requirements or else they will have a lot of unhappy customers. :D Windows 10 was not this demanding...
    Lonewolf1044
    Seasoned Spectator
    "logion;c-17920054" wrote:
    "Evalen;d-991220" wrote:

They are gonna have to lower the requirements or else they will have a lot of unhappy customers. :D Windows 10 was not this demanding...

Well I had to contact ASUS and found out I can upgrade as in the Bios TPM option is hidden under different names and I it can now support Windows 11, what are your specs? It is not fair to now have those requirements and I have an laptop and 5 other systems to go and after 25 Oct 2025 they are toast(Well not exactly though for I will keep using them :)) My AMD 2700X and Intel 10400F can run Win 11.
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "Goldmoldar;c-17920071" wrote:
    "Evalen;d-991220" wrote:

Well I had to contact ASUS and found out I can upgrade as in the Bios TPM option is hidden under different names and I it can now support Windows 11, what are your specs? It is not fair to now have those requirements and I have an laptop and 6 other systems to go and after 25 Oct 2025 they are toast.

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming-5 with an Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00 GHz so it's a bit old... it's not very nice of Microsoft to have a very demanding OS when hardware is so expensive. Hopefully prices will go down by 2025.
    Lonewolf1044
    Seasoned Spectator
    "Evalen;d-991220" wrote:

I feel the same and I am wondering what brought this on as they know that not too many will be able to upgrade and I had to go through hoops to make one to be able to upgrade and I think that app may not be that trustworthy. I also think in the long run they will pull back on the requirement.
    Lonewolf1044
    Seasoned Spectator
    "logion;c-17920089" wrote:
    "Goldmoldar;c-17920071" wrote:
    "Evalen;d-991220" wrote:

Well I had to contact ASUS and found out I can upgrade as in the Bios TPM option is hidden under different names and I it can now support Windows 11, what are your specs? It is not fair to now have those requirements and I have an laptop and 6 other systems to go and after 25 Oct 2025 they are toast.

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming-5 with an Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00 GHz so it's a bit old... it's not very nice of Microsoft to have a very demanding OS when hardware is so expensive. Hopefully prices will go down by 2025.

I have an 4790K as well But I know the MB is not an Gigabyte as I do not like their MBs too much. Yeah MS busted my bubble last night with thos new requirements. But I will do what I can with the time left and just wait and see if they back down. I7 do age well even if old I do not do much with it though and rely on my 6700K which is not on the list and I love the CPU.(Hearing 6 could be added which mean 7 generation made be added as those generations were popular and MS could lose too many customers but again that is an rumor and it may not come to bear fruit.)
  • Well looks like l will not be going to win 11 as it says my processer is not supported, Guess I will keep win 10. At my age I might not be around then away. But I do feel bad for those who have to buy a new computer. I guess I will still be able to play with my sims even if they do not support win 10 after 10/25 they just will not support it if you have trouble.
    Lonewolf1044
    Seasoned Spectator
    "Evalen;c-17920619" wrote:
    Well looks like l will not be going to win 11 as it says my processer is not supported, Guess I will keep win 10. At my age I might not be around then away. But I do feel bad for those who have to buy a new computer. I guess I will still be able to play with my sims even if they do not support win 10 after 10/25 they just will not support it if you have trouble.

Yeah, I am not very happy about it myself and will find something else to do.