Forum Discussion

thesims1depot
New Novice
2 years ago

PSA: EIG Seems to Be Working Now in EA App! THANK YOU!

I have not been able to test this (I'm now on 1.67), but players are saying that Edit in Game is now working for them in EA App, including @Damienf519 .

Since this is the case, then THANK YOU VERY MUCH, whoever pulled for us in EA. You just saved a lot of people a lot of heartache, especially those worldbuilders who had spent years working on WIPs they never got the chance to complete. <3
  • Thanks @ts1depot!

Here is my original Tumblr post on the subject.
    https://www.tumblr.com/damienf519/724840433017061376/create-a-world-now-with-the-ea-app-im-stunned?source=share

Keep in mind that I still haven't tested it out with the App yet. I am only going off of Acidlure's tweets. Even if it is working now, which it probably is, people might still have some issues with it, so please keep that in mind
    Hidehi2
    Seasoned Novice

Thank you sooo much for starting this thread @ts1depot !!! :D
    Even though I have tried several times since the new EA app to get into EIG it always failed so I didn't even bother anymore.
    But this is fantastic news!!!

I've attempted it today and although I've had to remove my DCCache folder (I will need to hunt for my special CAW DCCache with less store content otherwise my game won't start ... but that's nothing new ;) ) EIG is now working perfectly again.

A BIG THANK YOU to whoever pulled this off!!!
    You've done an amazing job!!! It is absolutely AWESOME that we can now get back into EIG in CAW with the EA App!!
    You have made all of us world builders very happy and extremely grateful ???

• Wonderful news EIG is working for you @Hidehi ... even with the workaround you needed to do. Keeping my fingers crossed this is now all fixed. Hopefully others are successful too. :D
  • "Hidehi;c-18299571" wrote:
    Thank you sooo much for starting this thread @ts1depot !!! :D

@Hidehi You're welcome. I had to let everyone know, since Create a World was too important a resource to let go, and disabling it wasn't fair to players who still had so many WIPs they'd spent months, if not years on, in various states of completion.
  • "Damienf519;c-18298954" wrote:
    Thanks @ts1depot!

Here is my original Tumblr post on the subject.
    https://www.tumblr.com/damienf519/724840433017061376/create-a-world-now-with-the-ea-app-im-stunned?source=share

Keep in mind that I still haven't tested it out with the App yet. I am only going off of Acidlure's tweets. Even if it is working now, which it probably is, people might still have some issues with it, so please keep that in mind

Another person from two weeks ago also said it was working for her, and she said she had tested it more than once just to make sure. I also noticed a lot of major new traffic to my CAW tutorials this past week, which suggests that people are getting back into CAW again. I could try and test this on my other machine, but I'm so damned lazy right now! :p Maybe I'll get off my duff this week and do a test run.