Forum Discussion

gabegabe1231
Seasoned Newcomer
6 days ago

The Sims 3 game not launching

Hey guys,

So I try to launch the sims 3 in the ea app, it opens the sims 3 launcher, I press play and it brings me back to the ea app and the game doesn't start. 

These are the things I have tried: 

• Reinstalling the game.
  • Repairing the game.
  • Reinstalling the ea app.
  • Cleaning the cache in ea app.
  • Moving the ea folder to a different location.
  • Downloading the direct X thing.
  • Downloading the Alder Lake patch.

Maybe you have some other things that I can try? (I have reached out to ea help, they said they will transfer the information to the team so they can look into it further)

PC specifications in the attachment. 

gabegabe1231
    Seasoned Newcomer

This has worked for me :)

After you launch the Launcher, and you see the big PLAY button, do NOT click it; go to Task Manager (Control-Alt-Delete => Task Manager), and click the Details tab on the left.  Then scroll down to Sims3Launcher, right-click it, and select "Set affinities".  Now turn off ALL CPUs except for one (I usually turn off all of them, and then turn on CPU 0) for the launcher.  Do not close Task Manager; you will need it again in a moment.  

Now go to the Launcher, and click Play.  Wait until you see the game start up (for me, it's seeing the green plumbob icon on my taskbar, even if the splash screen hasn't appeared yet), then switch back to Task Manager.  Now scroll down to the TS3.exe (it may be called something different if you run Sims 3 from Steam), right-click it, select "Set affinities", and turn all of the CPUs on again.