Forum Discussion

MizzTura
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Aspiration Legacy

Hey guys!

So I've been trying to get back into sims after being away from the game for a while and I've started to do the Alphabet SuperLegacy but wanted to do another one alongside that as well, just so I can mix things up and not burn myself out with one. That's when I came up with trying this legacy idea and I hadn't necessarily seen a person suggest it because it is a pretty straight forward challenge but I thought I may as well post about me doing it and the order I've done, just in case it gives anyone else any ideas.

The rules are more or less the same as with a normal legacy challenge, however I decided to change it up slightly. The things I've done are listed below:

Firstly, I built my sim a tiny house with the bare basics and then got rid of all the remaining money. For context, I went into the build with 10000 and after building a comfortable enough house was left with 147 which I then dropped to 0. This isn't necessary to do but the aspiration I'm starting out with requires four walls lol.

Secondly, I went through and used a 14 number generator to randomize what order I was going to be doing my legacy and listed them in a notepad where I'll be keeping track with little notes that I'll add to this too.

Thirdly, I set my lifespan to long, this is just to give a person plenty of time to complete all the aspirations for their gen. If this is too easy, I may change it back to normal but we'll see and I'll put here what I decide to do.

Fourth, I don't know whether or not I will have my sims live on the same lot every single generation because one of my biggest hates is when you've built a giant house and have a lot of money that it becomes incredibly easy. That gets very stale, very quickly for me. 

Finally, I randomized my sims likes and dislikes both general interest/hobbies etc and romance. This also isn't something that needs to be done but I usually ignore those so thought I'd have some fun with it this time!

I also want to point out I don't have all packs so some may be missing, that is just for my playthrough. 

So my aspiration generations were randomized and came out like so:
Gen 1 - Food
Gen 2 - Fortune
Gen 3 - Family
Gen 4 - Love
Gen 5 - Wellnes
Gen 6 - Location
Gen 7 - Popularity
Gen 8 - Animal
Gen 9 - Werewolf
Gen 10 - Deviance
Gen 11 - Athletic
Gen 12 - Creativity
Gen 13 - Knowledge
Gen 14 - Nature

I hope you all enjoy and if you want to try it out yourself. Have fun! Let me know, I'd love to see how it comes out for everyone else.

Note: I am having some issues replying to my own discussion so for now I will be posting my story here through screenshots of important things and a brief caption until I know what is going on. Any advice on how to fix it is welcome. I found another simmer having the issue but the solution still isn't working for me.

Note 2: I have used CC and I will credit the respective creators as soon as I have access to my curseforge again to check who made what. Thank you.

- - - 
Generation 1: Food

We start out with my founder sim, Remy Pietro! He is a vegetarian food with a bit of a creative streak. After graduating high school, Remy decided he wanted to escape the fast paced city life in San Myshuno and decided to go for a more romantic and relaxed change of scene. With money left to him by his parents, before they died in a terrible fire, Remy decided to move to Ciudad Enamorada and start a new life.

His likes are: 
Hobbies: None
Colours:
 Yellow
Conversation Topics:
 Potty Humour, Malicious Interactions
Decor:
Suburban Contemporary
Fashion:
Basics, Polished
Sim Characteristics:
 Spirited Sims, Rascals
Music: 
Tween Pop, Americano

His dislikes are:
Hobbies: Fishing, Robotics
Colours:
Green
Conversation Topics:
None
Decor:
Vintage
Fashion:
Boho
Sim Characteristics:
Argumentative Sims, Nature Enthusiasts
Music:
None

Calle Del Ensueno, Tiny Living, ExteriorCalle Del Ensueno, Tiny Living, Ground FloorCalle Del Ensueno, Tiny Living, First Floor

BissenNess
    Seasoned Hotshot

I did an Aspiration Legacy last year, different rules. A lot of fun though. Hot tip for Remy, in case you don't already know. Make sure he chooses the Mixologist branch of the Culinary career when he reaches the branching point. If he chooses the Chef branch, he'll  be permanently locked out of completing the Master Mixologist aspiration.