Forum Discussion

meeshwood
New Hotshot
2 years ago

Backyard activities pack

I would love a pack that brings more outdoor activities. Ideally a stuff pack but I'm not sure they still exist.
Could include;
Porch swings, tire swings, expanded backyard style play ground equipment.
Lemonade stands, trampolines, inflatables
Pool stuff- slides, floats,pool bar, volleyball
Corn hole, ladder golf, croquet
Four wheelers?
Social interactions like hide and seek, tag, catching lightning bugs in a jar.
  • I would like some wheelbarrow rides and mud pies. Also bicycles repairs.
  • Would love ALL of that! I love "activity" type of objects, but we all know TS4 is very stingy when it comes to adding new animations.

Of what you've mentioned, I could maybe see the following being added (using existing or slightly modified animations)

• Tire Swing = Definitely could see that since there's already swings in the game, Only thing is they'd need to animate climbing into the tire, unless the sim just magically floated into it
    • Porch Swing = Nothing more than animating the swing to go back and forth, since the sitting animation is already in the game for 2 person loveseats
    • Playground Equipment = Could definitely see normal, regular slides being added since there's already a sliding animation, would just need to move the routing from the side to the back of the slide
    • Lemonade Stands = Could definitely see this added since there's already "food stalls" in the game, would just need to be adjusted to kid height
    • Trampolines = Maybe if it was simple jump up and down without flips, since we have a jumping/play in puddles animation
    • Corn hole = Definitely could see that being added since there's already an animation for Horseshoes, which is essentially the same animation
    • Four Wheelers = Maybe, since we already have the jet ski animation, would probably just need some slight adjustments

The rest (at least to me) seems like they would all require new animations
  • I loved how in TS3 sims could skate on ponds. I think it would be lovely if they enabled this for TS4 as well. Also, free roller skating around anywhere with a pavement.
    ADashofAsh90
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "MichelleW;d-1008059" wrote:
    I would love a pack that brings more outdoor activities. Ideally a stuff pack but I'm not sure they still exist.
    Could include;
    Porch swings, tire swings, expanded backyard style play ground equipment.
    Lemonade stands, trampolines, inflatables
    Pool stuff- slides, floats,pool bar, volleyball
    Corn hole, ladder golf, croquet
    Four wheelers?
    Social interactions like hide and seek, tag, catching lightning bugs in a jar.

Love these ideas! @EA_Cade
    Mk_2790
    New Spectator
    Axe throwing
    Archery
    Log rolling
    Composting
    Lawn mowing
    Lemonade and bake stands
    Trampoline
  • That is more than I would have thought would be able to use existing animations.

Since stuff packs don't seem to exist any more it could be expanded into a game pack which would allow for more gameplay/assets/animations.

Add some decent cas/bb, maybe some Boardwalk style games or carnival type stuff, pool party event type, and some more socials like walking hand in hand and you would have a decent gamepack. People have been asking for more pool stuff for a while.

Give it a beachy world with apartments, people would buy the heck out of that pack, atleast until it all bugged out anyways.
  • I’m just begging for lawn mowing. It’s so quintessentially American suburban, which is exactly the type of theme the sims is trying to emulate/satirize. I’m honestly astounded that lawn mowing hasn’t been part of any of the sims games ever.
  • "RapidRabidRabbit;c-18259868" wrote:
    I’m just begging for lawn mowing. It’s so quintessentially American suburban, which is exactly the type of theme the sims is trying to emulate/satirize. I’m honestly astounded that lawn mowing hasn’t been part of any of the sims games ever.

It could give a positive moodlet for "fresh cut grass" since it smells good. Maybe a negative moodlet too for grass stuck to feet if you use a cheaper lawn mower or the grass is wet.
  • Frisbee, disk golf, multi-sim soccer games, throwing a baseball with another sim

Smores addition to campfires

Waterproof outdoor screen, one that doesn't look made from a bed sheet but still a non professional outdoor movie screen.