Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Build-a-bundle idea

You're probably familiar with the idea of the "build-a-bundle", a method of purchasing three packs in one hit at a bit of a discount.

For those not familiar with it, you can find it in the Origin store in among the Sims 4 packs. When you select it, you are prompted to purchase an expansion pack, then a game pack, then a stuff pack. Instead of paying $94.93, you pay $67.75, which is about 30% off. (The prices seem a bit funny because I'm using Australian Dollars.)
Build-a-bundle was a thing before Kits, so they're not part of this purchasing method.

What if, instead of being limited to three respective packs, we had a little more flexibility. Using a simple points system as follows:

• Expansion = 5 points
  • Game Pack = 3 points
  • Stuff Pack = 2 points
  • Kit = 1 point

Then when you decide to build a bundle, you simply choose what you like until you hit 10 points. Then you buy it for the same price as you would currently.

This would be good from the perspective of someone who has a lot of the Expansions, but wants to flesh out their Stuff Pack collection, or pick up a couple of Kits in one fell swoop.

Anyhow, that's my thought. With an expected influx of new players soon, I imagine the build-a-bundle option will be pretty popular. Having a few more options bolted on to it might be nice.
  • I don't know if there's a hard and fast rule that says after X number of days, a pack becomes available for build-a-bundle. Maybe HSY and Werewolves are still selling pretty well, so EA is keen to get full price out of them for the moment. I don't know why the Wedding thing isn't available yet, though.
    ZazzyKittyn
    Seasoned Newcomer
    The reason why HSY Werewolves and MWS might not be bundled up yet is that HSY is an expansion and the other two are game packs and bundles you need expansion game and stuff pack they won't be included til either they change the format or a stuff pack comes out. They did say we weren't going to lose stuff packs when they introduced kits so guess its a wait game to see when the next stuff pack will be available as the last stuff pack was Paranormal

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,100 PostsLatest Activity: 13 days ago