Forum Discussion

kathmhughes
New Spectator
3 years ago

Cars but with a twist...

If cars were added, what would happen if:

You had to pay for insurance & gas?
You could get in collisions?
You could get chance cards about speeding tickets and other violations?
You had to do regular maintenance like oil, tire changes
You could get moodlets for having clean, dirty, expensive, broken, cars?
You have to clean the snow off in winter?
You could take it to a car wash?

Whenever I see discussion about cars, its usually just talk about driving and learning to drive. But I don't care about driving animations. I'm cool with detailed decorations that cause moodlets that they can sit in.
  • I think it would be nice if they added an option to fix bikes. Things like pump air into a deflated tire, change a broken spike, add a chair to carry toddlers in, etc.
  • Just for the record when I was a little girl I played with cars and dinosaurs until I was 9 and then the Sims entered my life and the rest is history.
    SEREFRAS
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Unfortunately not in Sims 4. However, in Sims 3 yes!
  • "alanmichael1;c-18062030" wrote:
    Does anybody believe they are capable to add cars :'( ?

I think they could add cars as the animations existed before so I don’t know why they couldn’t again.
    Unless the new game engine just doesn’t handle the graphics needed for cars to work? ???‍♂️.
    bananarama0515
    Seasoned Spectator
    In the sims 4, cars would added but only in the form of Uber. You can take a ride but you can’t own them lol :D
    cb2342z
    New Spectator
    "alanmichael1;c-18062030" wrote:

It was originally said during a Q&A around the time of the release of TS4 that cars were planned. Almost 8 years later, and still nothing. I suspect that it was either due to losing direction, or realizing that the setup of TS4 was, as I've long argued, not really conducive to cars due to engine, as well as the setup of worlds, neighborhoods, and lots.
  • "CAPTAIN_NXR7;c-18062631" wrote:
    "logion;c-18062611" wrote:
    "alanmichael1;c-18062030" wrote:

I don't think they want to. They don't see it as a priority. The whole game was designed from the start to not feature cars so maybe they feel that adding cars would go against the original design of the game? Or maybe it's something dumb that they want to focus on what girls like and girls don't tend to like cars? I dunno.

Gee, girls are so annoying. ?

On a serious note, I remember being a tad disappointed with Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff because my sim couldn’t actually fix up the car the way it was shown in promotional images. I liked the cars though.

I then truly enjoyed the fixer upper that was released with Roaring Heights, however, gameplay is locked behind one car design/ object and I wouldn’t be too pushed about that either.

I’d love to be able to play as a mechanic and fix up/ build a selection of cars and trucks and motorcycles. Plus the addition of K.I.T.T And a DeLorean style time machine goes without sayin’.

Okay, now I’m going to be that pathetic person: even If they gave us ONE single world solely focused on driving cars (Sulani ocean style) I’d be one happy fool.

me to