Forum Discussion

Mk_2790
New Spectator
3 years ago

Cats & Dogs refresh :')

• More cats and dogs breeds!
  • New life stage: juvenile, between kitten/puppy to adult
  • Mixed breed pets will have an unique hidden trait, unlocking special interactions!
  • Adoption will increase the fame of the Sim
  • Pets festival!
  • Dog houses for outdoor!
  • Lavender will be a harvestable plant to brew herbal products calm pets for fears
  • Pets will have careers again! Including actor, police and firefighter!
  • Sims can choose if pets will sleep in a floor bed, an loveseat or in the foots of the Sims bed without interrupting the sim sleep.
  • Auto-lights will be fixed to not trigger the lights on/off when a pet is woke up
  • A new composter item for pet poop. Plants will increase the quality if the pet fertilizer is used
  • Vets can visit the pet lot for cure sickness or give a bath.
  • Pack leader from TS2 will return!
  • A new BG update item to add a small tub for 1x1 showers will be included to bath pets and toddlers, specially in tiny houses!
  • New items, including food container, slides and more!
  • I want water bowl and walk with more than 1 dog at same time. Now If I have 2 dog, I have to go to walk 2 time. Oh I like idea of sleep with pet
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    I don't know about pet adoption increasing sim's fame... Like news in real life doesn't show stories about someone adopting pets that often...

But I like the pet festival idea. Maybe it'll be a great spot for pet agility contests!

Some ideas I'd like to add are pet care career (with branches of veterinarian and pet trainer), small pets, and pet agility competitions where winners earn money.
  • I'd love the ability to walk multiple dogs at once. I often play with households that have at least 2 dogs, so it would be a big quality of life change for me.

Dogs being able to sleep in beds. I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that sleeps next to me every night. Why can't our Sim dogs sleep with us, too? I know some people don't like dogs in their bed, so it should also be possible to train dogs to stop jumping in the bed.

Another way to wash dogs. If you live in a house with only showers, then you can't clean your dog. Well, I suppose you could try brushing them for hours and that might work. What if we could have a usable hose outside or a small outdoor dog bath?

Usable potty pads! We have pads ingame, but they're just decorations. It would be really helpful for dogs living in apartments, since without mods, dogs can't use the elevator to go outside to potty. (I know there is a mod for indoor potty pads and the dog tub by Ravasheen, but I don't want to have to rely on mods if possible.)

Pet training and Vet skills added to Preferences. C'mon, this should have been done already.

Dog shows! We have the pet training skill. Our sims can train dogs to do tricks and run obstacle courses. Right now, we can earn a little cash with the skill by getting tips from practicing tricks in front of a crowd. Dog shows could be a really fun way for Sims to earn more money and take the hobby more seriously (and, of course, to reward our little puppers too). If you win first, second, or third place, we could earn a trophy to place in our home.

Pet grooming. Spa day for our pets! I know I'd probably be the only one who would want this, but I think it would be nice to bring our dog to a groomer to have them cleaned, nails trimmed, and possibly the option to dye our pets. I'm not saying I'd love to dye my pet, but I can imagine an eccentric Sim wanting their pet to be bright and colorful. If dog shows were added, there could be additional benefits for having your pet groomed before a show. Maybe jumpy dogs will freak out during nail trimming and grooming, and you could calm them down with peanut butter. It could even be a career similar to freelancer careers or the Spa Day refresh aspirations. We could get gigs or build a client list.

More clothes for our pets and with compatibility with Nifty Knitting. During voting for Nifty Knitting, there were several options for pet clothing. I really wanted them, but they didn't win. Maybe with a refresh to Cats and Dogs, we could have more clothes for our pets.

Small animals like birds and reptiles. I want a pet bird IRL so badly, but I know my home isn't well suited for one. So, maybe I could have a bird in the game instead. Also, leopard geckos are so cute and we should have them ingame.
  • I would really like a 'quiet' personality trait where they don't make any whining, barking or meowing noises.
    Pee pad or ability to train dogs to do their business in a certain spot or on a certain bush, rock, tree.
    Pet careers.
    Dog toys like stick and bone and chew rope toy with plastic ends that light up and more cat toys like hanging scratch and swipe toys.
    Little dog house for dogs when they play outdoor.
    Fluffier and fuzzier pet beds.
    Ability to do the vet procedures with the equipment at home or make cures for sick pets at home.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Ah! Just remembered that thing.

It would be great if children could walk the dogs too.
  • Cats & Dogs is already my favorite expansion pack, but your ideas for a refresh (if we ever got one) would make me love it even more than I already do.

I especially love the idea of a Pets Festival, which would honestly fit in perfectly with Brindleton Bay as it is. Perhaps one of the festival events could even be a pet show that your Sim and pet can possibly win prizes for? Kind of like the animal show in Henford-On-Bagley?

Also an additional lifestage and more breeds of both cats and dogs would be a big yes! I would also like to see there be some more whiskers and tail options. Two of my kitties have eyebrow whiskers in real life and I'd love to be able to have that option in game without relying on CC.

And definitely more toys for our pets, especially ones that our Sims can use to play with their pets.

I love all of the ideas people have suggested here, but these are the ones that stuck out most to me!
    DoloresGrey
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I want more pet toys and more dog beds.

I want teens and older to be able to take multiple dogs for a walk.

I want children to be able to take a dog for a walk.

I want sims to be able to potty train puppies on the newspapers rug.

I don't want playable pets.
  • I kinda feel dogs have changed in my game. It's not like they do nothing bad, but they stopped the constant barking and chill more.
    The 2 last dogs I have in my game, I bring everywhere my active sim go. That might influence how they work, can't say for sure :)

• There are those training equipment for dogs, I think it would be nice if we teach them some tricks then be able to use the training some way, maybe as police dogs, so they go to work with the sim, or for commercials or movies, or entertainment shows, and they join the owner for work as well.
    I would also like a tree that cats could climb in and scratch. Also, cats should be able to play with the toilet paper roll and unravel it. And climb and walk on top of fences. Cats could also join their owners for commercials and movie work.
    I would also like one of those beware of dog (or cat) signs. Also cat and dog photography, with poses.