Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Copying Areas Rather Than Rooms

I'm currently working on a build that has a lot of areas that are either identical to each other or are mirrored versions of each other. One thing I realized would be handy would be the ability to select multiple objects, either through some version of key command + clicking or through being able to drag and highlight an area, and then copy just that set of objects.

This would differ from copying a room in being able to, for example, copy just a bed+nightstand+lamp+rug+clutter combo all at once, or out of doors copy a tree+flowers+fountain+chairs+bushes+clutter combo. Unless I'm missing something, right now you have to either copy an entire room, or copy each item one-by-one, and that can slow down a large build dramatically. :(
  • "Dannydanbo;c-16660654" wrote:
    You must select specific object or objects to copy. You can't copy open areas. You can copy rooms which I use for making builds like hotels and motels that repeat rooms. If your talking about areas in the garden that you want to repeat in several places, then box that area in a room and copy that room all over the area(s) you want to copy. Then remove the walls.

Yes, I know - that's why I'm suggesting it as an idea for future Sims development. I think being able to copy open areas would help a lot of builders out.

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,089 PostsLatest Activity: 4 hours ago