Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Create Own Clothing and Hairstyles

What I think would be good is if we could have the ability to create our own clothing and hairstyles, as sometimes the kind of Sims you want to create are limited due to what's on offer.
  • Oh, man... the geometry issues... the clipping...

I mean, hair front and back as two separate meshes, that I can see working as hair is basically a wig you put on the digital doll.

But jackets over any top, layering tunics and dresses over jeans?

Not happening in sims 4.

From everything I've seen, to do layered clothing would require an entirely new mesh system for the Sim. Something closer to the Poser/Daz Studio model, and even that is a royal PITA to kitbash layers together without helper morphs and magnets. Heck those differences are part of why I haven't investigated making real custom content - new meshes - very seriously. (That and I really don't want to learn Blender. My knowledge of Hexagon isn't solid enough that working with Blender won't mess me up.)
  • The old sim games would come with a separate program that helped you put your own images on clothes and such. It was so easy! Why is there nothing like that for The Sims 4?
  • I am newbie to the Sims and was just getting on to see if we could create our own clothing, I have a specific person in mind I want to eventually model a Sim after but the clothes are absolutely essential to the  character.