Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Functional items, building features, etc.

I've noticed the complete lack of upgrading certain items, or just the lack of a functional item not existing at all that should really be in the game. Same with building features.
Ceiling fans - We got ONE ceiling fan along with sliding doors in the free caribbean style update and that is the only style. We have gotten several new versions of sliding doors, yet no more ceiling fans. I can't exactly use a caribbean style ceiling fan in modern style rooms. Not to mention it doesn't even have a light. I have seen one mod adding a functional light to it, but no new styles that are functional. Why create a whole new functional item that's used in almost every room, to only make one style of it? I think ceiling fans add a whole extra layer of detail to rooms and love having them. Not just fans but other commonly used functional items as well that need more styles.

Bunk beds - Why did we not get bunk beds in the children's room pack? Not just for kids but I would love to be able to use bunk beds for child-adult. Makes much more use of space in a guest room or room with multiple kids. Plus bunk beds are practically a staple in real life for multiple kids so why does it not exist? I haven't seen a functional mod of one yet that still works.

Round Walls & Spiral Stairs! - I'm reiterating alot of what has been posted for years, but we have round cone roofs, and no round rooms or spiral stairs for round rooms yet. No round pools either. It's practically impossible making towers usable unless they are huge to fit a cubical set of stairs, and i'm kind of tired of having primarily cubical everything. I want to create castles and cool pools.

Water terrain tool for ponds/lakes/beaches? - Self explanatory.

More functional items in general - Especially with themed packs. Like how island living brought loungers and pool floats. If we end up getting a farm pack I would like at least a rocking chair etc.

We can't create build features or entirely new scripts for functional items (unless you're a coding genius) and I remember sims 4 was supposed to have a revolutionary build mode and items. How am I supposed to make a wizard's tower or castle with the magic pack without proper round rooms and stairs? Feel free to add on
  • Many people in the community have been complaining about this for years. Specifically since the release of the game. But the producers care little, prefer to spend time in object packs, with items we don't ask for. (And with only 1 or 2 functional objects)

Honestly, I don't intend to buy the sims 5 until they fix the sims 4. I spent a lot of money on this game to have its potential wasted that way.