Forum Discussion

Kementari1771
New Spectator
9 years ago

How to share multiples rooms as one room!

I stumbled across this the other day when trying to build a Mausoleum for a room build, I really wanted to have some separate rooms in that one room but you cant share it like that right?

Well there is a way around it.

As you can see from the picture below there are many areas inside my Mausoleum, but its all just one room! Hopefully its more noticeable in the second picture.

If you build a small room inside a bigger room when you click on the floor you will see that the game recognizes it as 2 separate rooms:(

Here is what you need to do to get around that.

1. Build your main room, then build the walls you want for the smaller room outside.

2. Pick up the walls from outside and place them where you want your smaller room to be like so:

3. Now when I click on the floor the games sees it as only one room :)

I tested it and it has complete privacy, so you can easily build a master bedroom with walk in closet and en suite and share it all as one room!

I hope this might come in handy for others and that it made sense lol

Happy Simming :)

• Wow, that is awesome! Did you put it in your library then download on a new lot when you tested it? I'm just curious if it stayed as you intended as just one room? Although the intent and need is for it to "upload" as one room, so I guess it doesn't really matter how it downloads.
  • I'm not a room builder, but this is an excellent discovery! I could see the technique possibly being useful to overcome other problems in the game, like maybe roof issues. I wonder, have you tried this same technique with building fence sections and placing them inside the room? I think I'll experiment with it a bit when I get a chance.

Edit: meh, the real problem with the intruding roofing comes down to being unable to delete individual floor tiles without surrounding them by a room. Until we can find a workaround for that (or until EA gives us the option - wish removing the ceiling from a room below would actually work, for instance), I'm afraid we're stuck.
  • I was thinking the same thing Bry when I discovered this, but yes unfortunately we cant delete individual floor tiles :(
    But you can section off a area with a fence/half wall using this method and not create a room. This helped me tonight while I was creating a fake crib in a nursery I was building.
    I used a fence to make 3 sides of the crib and the head of the crib was against a wall. As soon as I made the crib like that it created a room and the roof popped into the nursery. So I used this technique and had no problems :)
  • @Kementari thank you very much for sharing this. I am thinking about decorating an appartament for a community building project and that's the perfect way for attaching a little bit of privacy ;)

P.S. I did it!!
  • Has this cheat stopped working for anyone else? I think one of the recent patches "fixed" the workaround. Now when I pull the wall closed it just creates a new room. Anyone else dealing with this? And if so, any new workarounds?
  • @JojoMOMSTER OMG thank you!! I so wish I could just plop right down next to the fire. It was very sweet of you to create a whole home for me. <3