Forum Discussion

belalucina
New Vanguard
22 days ago

June Kay Super Sim - Part 27 & 28 - Oct.24 Help me choose, Ollie or Steve?

I've played June Kay once before while doing the One World One Month One Year challenge and had a lot of fun with it, so I decided to play her again in a new save.

Currently this is a Super Sim challenge. I'll be trying to complete as many Base Game aspirations, skills, and careers as I can. Let me tell you, those Deviance ones are outside my comfort zone, but I'm going for them! This will probably turn into a Legacy, or a LEPacy as I add in more packs with each generation. 

I started out Legacy style on a 50x50 lot with $0. I'm playing completely Base Game right now. I want to complete as many skills, aspirations, and careers as I can until moving on to the next generation and adding a new pack. I'm using very minimal mods and a little bit of CC. When I found some CC based off June's band, Woowho, with Andre, Babs, and Ollie I couldn't resist. You'll see some of the band posters throughout her house.

So, here's June after a little makeover. Only base game plus her shirt which is CC. 

I'm playing with long lifespans. She started out on the 50x50 Oakenstead lot with $0. It's a nice lot to start on, with the Lilies, Snapdragons, and Strawberries. So she'll be trying to get some dragonfruits to make some money.

EDIT: I've added titles (Part 1, Part 2, etc.) to each post so it's a little easier to follow along, especially since I'm currently doing an update pretty much everyday, sometimes two.

Progress so far:

Aspirations completed:

Master Chef; Fabulously Wealthy; Mansion Baron; Computer Whiz; Nerd Brain; Freelance Botanist; Chief of Mischief; Renaissance Sim; Bodybuilder; Grilled Cheese; Painter Extraordinaire; Villainous Valentine; Serial Romantic; Master Mixologist; Musical Genius; Bestselling Author; Joke Star; Public Enemy; Angling Ace; The Curator; Friend of the World; Neighborhood Confidante; Party Animal

Reward Traits Collected:

Skills Maxed:

Pictures are from James Turner's Super Sim Progress Tracker.

Careers Completed:

Culinary - Chef and Mixologist tracks; Tech Guru - Startup Entrepreneur track; Criminal - Boss track; Entertainer - Comedian track

• Part 19 - Finishing Villainous Valentine

June went out and met some of the folks living in Oasis Springs. 

She thought this girl's boyfriend was a total loser. Seriously, such a temper.

So really, she was doing a good deed.

See what I mean?

So dramatic...

And there were other couples as well, but we don't need pictures of all of them.

Who hurt you, June?

FINALLY.

But it wasn't all destruction. She set up a couple too.

• Part 25 - All skills maxed! Working on aspirations

Photography was added as a base game skill I guess, so she's going to go ahead and max that out too. Here's some of her photos.

She grew another cow plant (it sadly did not last long. Why is it so hard to keep them alive?!).

Also got another achievement.

She completed all the nature aspirations. Time to work on collecting and making friends (for the popularity aspirations).

Apparently Pablo's true nature has come out...she convinced him to pursue his dream job, and I guess this was it.

Well, okay, but June has left that life behind, Pablo!

• Part 27 - Three Dates and...Three Soulmates??

First up, a date with Ollie at the art museum. He was a little sad (all the townies are sad for some reason...someone must have died). June was able to cheer him up though.

After her date with Ollie, she got this want:

But, next up is a date with Pablo.

They went to the park, since it's where they first met.

Next is Steve.

They decided to do a date at June's place, since that's where they usually hang out.

All three dates were gold.

And here's the updated relationship panels:

She's best friends and soulmates with all of them, so we're really no closer to deciding, except that her wants seem to lean towards Ollie.

What to do, what to do...

Talking to her plants like that will help her untangle her complicated love life. 

• Part 28 - Ollie or Steve?

I'm completely caught up now on my updates to where I actually am in gameplay. 

Steve asked June on a date, so off they went.

She got this want for him.

They had several great dates, actually.

And June decided to cool things off with Pablo. She hadn't seen him in awhile and I felt like she had more of a connection with Ollie and Steve. Plus, Pablo...kind of still lives with his ex wife and he has kids lol.

She's had more wants for Steve and Ollie recently...so she needs to pick one of them! Please help me choose! I'm obviously biased towards Steve. Though, she did have the want once upon a time to get engaged to Ollie, so I could go off that.