Forum Discussion

MVWdeZT
Seasoned Rookie
2 months ago

Legacy Leader Attempt

A few years ago, I decided to try for this achievement -- 10 generations of 10 families. I set aging on long and decided to play each family for one Sim week at a time. I had a bunch of other rules, too. I never got the first set of heirs past childhood.

This time, at least my 1st generation heirs are all teens. I'm playing on normal and switching families every few days except when the heirs are teens. They each get to spend a week at high school and go to prom.

Rather than have each heir be a super-achiever, I'm easing up on their goals. Each infant aged up to be a top-notch infant, but only a few of my toddlers maxed all their toddler skills. I aged up children as soon as they completed an aspiration and maxed a skill. Teens that have an A will go to university; teens with a B will be aged up after prom and go into military service until they get a promotion.

As for marriage, moving out, etc., I have to be flexible. They can't stay with their parents. At the start of the game I put 6 Crick Cabana houses and 4 Agave Adobe houses in Newcrest. While I've made some of the houses larger, none of them are large enough to accommodate a second family.

I'm playing on a laptop so won't be taking many pictures - selfies when the heirs become young adults perhaps. Watch this space.

Below are my first 3 teens: Denis Lin, Serenity Finn (Summer Holiday's daughter), and Alainna Collier.

MVWdeZT
    Seasoned Rookie

Sorry, I tried to download their selfies, but they're not showing. And I can't edit out the links.

Ah, here they are!

MVWdeZT
      Seasoned Rookie

Most of the heirs are the offspring of a created Sim and a townie. Denis Lin is the son of Dennis Kim; Serenity Finn is the daughter of Summer Holiday; and Alainna is Don Gooseman's daughter.

Here are three more: 

George Fischer, Cecilia's son from Henford-on-Bagley

Ignatius Pancake, son of Bob and Eliza

Marjorie Carlson, Nina Caliente's daughter.

MVWdeZT
        Seasoned Rookie

Here are my last four teens:

Axel Faust, the son of Ullrike Faust and Maaike Haus,

Nick McAfee, cloned from his mother Maia,

Will Jaeger, cloned from his father Greg, and

Oliver Crenshaw, son of J Huntington III.

• Sounds like an amazing goal!! I'd love to do this. I've never been past three or four generations for any legacy yet, though, so I'm not sure how successful I'd be lol. So cool that you're on your way!