Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Open for business update/Blast from the past content update

Watching too many videos of old sims games takes you down a long, nostalgic road for things we once had in our games that the sims 4 quite shamefully lack while being in its seventh or so year of existing.

The fact we only just got infants is painful---BUT! I digress.

-Content, the past, old sims series, items and things we had back in the day our games don't have now, that is the point of this post and frankly I'm praying someone on the team sees this and throws another curve ball to surprise us in the best way, or some of us because no everyone wants to look to the past and thats cool.
---

Anyway, Sims 2-, Sims 1 you can add in the comments because sadly I was too young to play that series and have no idea of the lore/catalog but would love to see items/families/events from that make a comeback,-Sims 2 gave us many fantastic ways to play our games and if it'd had Story Progression, we'd have been golden, but here we are and so here's a list of content I'd like to see come back either through kits/packs or hopefully through a big update.

Open for Business, miss, miss, MISS the option to run business from home with Florence where she got to meet people and make flower bunches, arrange everything to how she liked and still have time to run the house between that, plus the fact you could run your own toy store and build in the back while staff pestered grown ups to buy their little ones all the expensive handmade presents even though you barely paid anything to get the stuff to make them!

Also am I wrong but could you run a restaurant? properly, I mean, waiters, chefs and all, unlike sims 3 and sims 4 with dine out (That barely works).

And excuse the poor categorizing, working with ADHD and Autism here so bear with.

Not an item but things missing: burglars, burglar alarms you had to put BY EVERY SINGLE DOOR ELSE YOU RAN THE RISK OF LOSING EVERYTHING.

Genies, match maker, social bunny, that weird doctor when you had a breakdown, flour sack baby, imaginary friend, animal control, proper police, mime, mystery man (No idea who he is but I wanna know! BECAUSE MYSTERY!), all the Sims 1 and 2s NPC's we lost to the ages.
---

I'm writing from a list for ease here because trying to remember every item we don't have is going to make my plumbob just explode:

Thinking Cap, Love Tub, Genuine Buck's Famous Counterfeiting Machine, old style telephone, telephone booth, toy ovens and lemonade stands for making a quick buck, sewing machines, ant farms, more exercise stuff, the dance sphere, That thing the Beakers use to shock Nervous in all the trailers.

I am missing so much which is where you and the comments come in, there is so much missing and with the team bringing back old families why should we miss out on reliving the glory days of business from home or our sims spinning themselves sick!?

Not everything will come back and thats obviously fine, but a couple pieces (Like burglars who decide to break into Vlads house and get locked in the basement for snacking on) would be nice

Catch you later, Simmers