Forum Discussion

Ojenn
Rising Traveler
2 months ago

Rebuilding Worlds Challenge: Vol. 3 (wip)

Starter Guide
  1. Create your founder/founders 
  2. Select the starting world based on what packs you have available 
  3. Choose a lot to either remodel or demo to rebuild
  4. When a new sim is born you must randomize their traits and aspirations
  5. Select a skill from one or both parents to pass on to the next generation each time a new sim is born
  6. Once the heir is old enough and ready to move on select a new world as their home (repeat steps 2-5 until you reach generation 10)

Genetics

• Create a founder and friend a spouse from the general population who is genetically diverse from them

OR

• Create a founding couple that is genetically diverse
  • Then from generation two onwards choose their spouse from the Genepool

The genepool can be found  here in the official doc

Builds
- Pick your starting world. Choose any lot and do one of the following:

• remodel the existing house as you see fit (this includes adding walls or basements to fit your family)
  • download a house shell for that sized lot and decorate it
  • use a floor plan for that sized lot and create your house
  • free build your sim's dream home!

These same options will apply to any of the future worlds. Once you have finished a generation choose a new world/lot to move to and start the process again :) You can go to any world you like!  Pick your favorites, choose worlds you haven’t played much in before, or use a randomizer to pick for you. 

Optional Challenges pick one or all for funsies

• Try to stick to the following budgets when creating a home
    • Small lot §40,000 - §50,000 (§20,000 - §30,000 for remodel)
    • Medium lot §60,000 - §75,000 (§40,000 - §50,000 for remodel)
    • Large lot §80,000 - §100,000 (§70,000 - §80,000 for remodel
  • Keep the eye, hair, or skin color of the founder throughout the legacy
  • When remodeling try to keep all the walls as close to the original floor plan as possible
  • Have a trait(s) that a sim has to have to become hier or perhaps keep an occult going through all generations (ie spellcaster)
  • Each generation has to complete a collection
  • Roll for the number of children in each generation
  • Decorate the houses/lot using as much of the relevant pack (to the world you choose)
  • Turn Newcrest into a destination world filler with community lots by placing 1-3 per generation
    Maladi
    Rising Newcomer

Been quietly following the thread of this challenge at the old forums for years. Wish I could continue, but the new forums are too confusing and the Discord link didn't work for me. It was probably a one time invitation? I guess I'll keep checking here if anything changes.

Ojenn
      Rising Traveler

Hey! The discord link is usually only good for a few days, I went ahead and refreshed it for you if you like to join and keep up with everyone.

https://discord.gg/e3VmMv8B

Kiwicantdie
    Seasoned Newcomer

Hi Ojenn <3 I just found out that the old forum is gone and I saw that we moved here (??) apparently, but I'm soooo lost ahahahah 

Would love to know if the challenge is still going on and if there's a specific thread I should follow

Ojenn
      Rising Traveler

Hi friend! We're mostly in Discord now I still haven't figured out the new forums lol

you can join us here

Ojenn
    Rising Traveler

Since I am running into issues posting all of the links in the main post you can find the full rules and write up here in this Google Doc