Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Remaking every world

Have anyone redone all lots in worlds to make them look more of you're style or just because u like to build? I just remove all lots and apartments in every world and want to remake everything from just empty lots but still them to match the world.
I'm doing it kinda as an project and would be lovely to see what others have done and get some inspiration.
  • I'm finally getting to where my houses aren't just all squares and rectangles, but I'm a long way from the amazing builds in this thread!
  • I'm doing a kind of Crazy Architect type-challenge where my matriarch and her family lives in each world and she remakes the whole town to a particular style and theme before moving to the next world to do the same. Willow Creek's theme was Misshapen Victorian, Oasis Springs is all steampunk, Windenburg is Quirky Medieval, etc. It's a lot of fun and forces you to think outside of the box.
  • I've remade several, if not most of them. Usually I try to renovate in the style of the neighbourhood but add more items from packs. When I get bored of building I actually play with the Sims then renovate houses as I move new families in
  • I found a couple of downloadable saves that can help out enormously with this:

This one has everything removed from all saves including the interior layouts of the apartments in San Myshuno

https://86tigerlady86.tumblr.com/post/183186808651/my-empty-save-i-delete-all-lots-in-every-world

She even removed the permanent lot traits from the apartments using a mod which she links in her post.

This one doesn't touch San Myshuno, or any of the specialty lots, but all other worlds are blank:

https://ridgeport.tumblr.com/post/185144559967/clean-save-continued-cupidjuicecc-made-a

I get blocked sometimes trying to remake worlds with all the original builds in place, and going through and deleting everything is really boring and time consuming especially now that we have so many worlds.

One quick note, it just occurred I never checked the first save to see if the vacation worlds are empty, I assume so but can't say for sure, but she does say all and she did a complete job on the main worlds. Hope this helps some who want to remake their worlds, I hope this isn't considered derailing OPs thread. :)

ETA: All of your rebuilt worlds look awesome!

Oh 1 quick note: tigerlady86's save has everything named in what appears to be German. Just an FYI.
  • I completely remade Newcrest. No specific styles specifically. I just used lots from the gallery.