Forum Discussion

Jadeleine
Rising Traveler
2 years ago

Sims 3 Nostalgia

Hi, guys does anybody else miss some things from the Sims 3? Any families, lots or other things? I still play the Sims 3 sometimes and remade one of my favorite lots, Water lily lane. It´s the very first house I ever played in the sims 3. One thing that made me so nostalgic was the movie theater in Sunset Valley, the park, the beach and some of those families there. Would you like any of them to be made into the Sims 4?
  • I have several Sims 3 characters in my game. The young Agnes Crumplebottom, the Frio brothers, Gobias Koffi, Liam O'Dourke, the Greenwoods, and a couple more that I can't remember.

I downloaded them all from the Gallery. I'm sure if you search the Gallery you'll find some of the Sims 3 lots and other families.
  • I miss the golf, boat houses, the big beach umbrellas and the little Vespa scooter. I also liked how they could read books laying on their tummy.
  • I miss being able to build real split-levels and walk-out basements using the foundations in Sims 3. I also miss being able to form a band, with multiple instruments.

And I miss Sims 3's fairies and imaginary friends, and having a tool in CAS that let you switch your sim between occult types, so you didn't have to scrap an entire sim if deep into making them you decided that you wanted them to be a vampire or werewolf or whatever.
  • I miss the time travel element ... especially when you'd woohoo in it and a few days later the kid you accidentally made would come home wearing caveman clothes or whatever. It was funny! I also miss the magic mirror and the wardrobe the kids could go on a magical journey in, even if it was just a rabbithole. I miss some of the clothes, especially some of the more specialized clothing like the flapper dresses, the teen prom dress, the fairy tale clothes and the gypsy garb and the build/buy items you could use to make a gypsy wagon/caravan. I miss being able to go underwater as a diver or a mermaid to explore and find treasure. I miss being able to live on houseboats. I miss the horses. I miss the pet birds and how they could ride on your shoulder, and the pet snakes. I miss being able to explore really interesting tombs and booby-trapped houses in World Adventures, finding cool and lucrative metals, bugs and fruits in the foreign lands, and tussling with mummies. I miss the martial arts skill and sparring with friends and enemies. I miss the Genie. I miss my spellcasters being able to transform their enemies into frog people. I DESPERATELY miss the fairies. Yeah, I miss a lot of the fun gameplay stuff of Sims 3.
  • Apparently g y p s y is a forbidden word, so let me say "Romani" instead. Sorry for any unintended cultural insesitivity.
  • Now June 2023. Can the hair, eyes, outfits, and BB modes be adjusted color freely?