Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Sophisticated Style - Cycle 1 closed. Cycle 2 opens in 2018.

http://i.imgur.com/nwMeIuc.png

Tips and some of the images you will see as examples through this competition are by Fashion Style Magazine and Analiya Vasilieva for Fashion Style Magazine. They are found Here and Here

NB: You may use your own shots as you please but the example images must be kept in the forum and cannot be copied anywhere in social media please. I have been given permission to use only a percentage of their images and want to respect their conditions that came with that permission.

I'm quite excited about this competition, haven't seen one similar since InaMac and ArtsyAmy did "Style". So hope you enjoy this one.

This competition is all about class and sophistication. To dress classy is all about elegance, sophistication, grace and finesse. Show your inner style by dressing to impress. There will be no eliminations and a final three will result in a total number of accumulated points. Sims 3 and Sims 4 models are welcome.

Notes about jewellery:
* The classier the outfit, the less jewellery you need. Keep this in mind when you use jewellery with your outfits for this competition.
* Watches are also jewellery that can enhance any outfit if used to contrast the colours your model wears.

**Only use either CC clothes or clothes from in-game. Replication of the examples is not allowed they are only there for inspiration. If the judges after consultation believe that an entry has copied the example too closely, points can be taken off. Not outfits, as you put them together yourselves anyway, as you do with shoes, jewellery, but things such as poses, hairstyles, etc., need to be from your own ideas and searching. We want to see your own remarkable creations.**

There will be 10 rounds and each round will encompass a particular colours or combo of coloured outfits with specific accessories. When I use the word "OR" in a round that means you don't have to do both, it can be one or the other unless you want to use all.

Backgrounds are left to your own creativity to suit each round .

The judging will include the following:

• Wearing the given colour(s) outlined in the brief /10
• Accessories that enhance and contrast your outfits or any specified in the brief /10
• Most classy and sophisticated appeal /10
• Relevant background (this can be in-game or google) /10
• Editing and proportion /10

Giving a total of 50 possible points for each round.

**Bonus points up to +2 for one person per round, will be added if your scores have extra things in them that are not required in the brief, such as accessories or props unless stated otherwise, as long as they enhance the overall entries. This will be decided with the majority vote by the judges.**

**As an incentive for anyone that gets their entry in by the earlier date on the round brief or even earlier than that, they will be awarded a bonus of .5