Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Superheroes/Supervillains/Secret Identities (Pack Idea)

The Sims 4 Get Super Superhero Expansion Pack

New "Occult" Type: Supersim (you don't assign good/bad/antihero, but that comes out in your gameplay style). Choose everyday looks, then switch to Super Form to customize their heroic or villainous identities. (New masks, new super suits, new chest logos, new gloves, new boots). These super forms are SECRET, so don't get caught.

New active career: Supersim (hero and villain tracks perhaps). Work your way up the ranks to the ultimate goals. Fight your enemies. Solve (or commit) crimes. Get rewards like secret lair swag.

Become a supersim by getting bitten by a radioactive llama (lol maybe not a llama), but there should definitely be a way for existing sims to become superheroes/villains

Not sure if the pack would explore super abilities (kind of like vampire talents): invisibility/stealth, flight, X-ray vision, super strength, super speed, and maybe gadgets for sims that want to be heroes but don't want to be super... unlocked one at a time, or maybe you can only have a few at a time. Then perhaps a super power reset.

Build/Buy: secret doors/trap doors, secret smart home devices (statues that can open secret doors).

**If this comes with a new world, it could be a dynamic world (like Strangerville or that one Island in Island Living). The town is *fine* at first, but can be improved if your heroic sims fix it up, or MADE WORSE if your villain sims ruin it.

I'm not a fan of a variety of superheroes, so I'm not certain of all the tropes. If you have more, feel free to contribute.
  • Have it mix into Sim City universe, with Maxis Man, and Dr. Voo as actual people you can see as the Super Sim. Both Hero and or Villain. It could work like the 'Get Famous' system, but depending if you take powers or not it can be the literal equivalent between Batman/Ironman, and Thor/Superman. Could add a system where you have to stop crimes in the neighborhood, and that burglar system like back in Sims 2 and 3 you can be there before the police and decide. And if you chose villain there can be opportunities to branch into an actual career, and do a path from Science/Athlete to Criminal careers. To the point where you can own the criminal underworld. And you can create your own society/league that fights for good or evil, depending on how famous/infamous you are, you can make a living out of it. With powers can be another way to transport by flying, and two Romantic options to do a 'Moonlit flight' and or 'Woohoo in the stars'. Also, a mean/evil interaction to intimidate other sims; 'Intimidate' where you lift them up into the sky and they come falling back down but you catch them just in time. Another where 'Rough flight' where you go nuts in the sky and basically cause the Sim you did that to feel dazed and maybe even afraid. Got so many ideas for it. I'm available Maxis, hire me.
  • "Raichisims;c-17268660" wrote:
    Why is everyone discussing powers? It's clear as day to me that superhero/super-villain would make great "get-to-work" style jobs. I remember sims 3 playing ghost-busters over and over again because it was so much fun.

I remember Sims 4 playing scientists and cops and movie stars.
    There would be very little variety in an active career.
  • You know, with Marvel and My Hero Academia being such a crazy buzz right now, this would be the best marketing decision EA can make - making a superheroes and villains pack. Then the whole 'making enemies' in the Sims will also make much more sense.
    userafw
    New Spectator
    With Infinity Wars about to come out, this could be a big opportunity for marketing, if they do a marketing collab with Marvel. Or, it could be done without, like some of the old tabletop RPGs did superheroes. You could have an old fashioned warrior archetype, perhaps with gear that has special properties, or you could have a mage archetype: like a spellcaster only more advanced abilities in addition to the usual ones. Or maybe have a superhero scientist (or former scientist) with costume and SimRay. Or you could have a superhero with elemental powers, or one that is superhero by means of gadgets, not necessarily on a belt, but maybe on a wristband or two, or a backpack. I'd also love to see the Sims 3 into the future jet pack make a return. However, first, I'd like to see vehicles make a comeback: what is Batman without the Batmobile? I can understand however, the reluctance to show weapons in the Sims 4 for fear the ratings board may raise their ratings....lately those rating the game tend to underestimate teens. However, this may be due to highly overprotective parents, so they are rating the games based on what the most overprotective parents that still actually let their kids play computer games at all, want. PM me for details if you want reasons behind this opinion.
  • "jadonbakes;d-967019" wrote:

New "Occult" Type: Supersim (you don't assign good/bad/antihero, but that comes out in your gameplay style). Choose everyday looks, then switch to Super Form to customize their heroic or villainous identities. (New masks, new super suits, new chest logos, new gloves, new boots). These super forms are SECRET, so don't get caught.

New active career: Supersim (hero and villain tracks perhaps). Work your way up the ranks to the ultimate goals. Fight your enemies. Solve (or commit) crimes. Get rewards like secret lair swag.

Become a supersim by getting bitten by a radioactive llama (lol maybe not a llama), but there should definitely be a way for existing sims to become superheroes/villains

Not sure if the pack would explore super abilities (kind of like vampire talents): invisibility/stealth, flight, X-ray vision, super strength, super speed, and maybe gadgets for sims that want to be heroes but don't want to be super... unlocked one at a time, or maybe you can only have a few at a time. Then perhaps a super power reset.

Build/Buy: secret doors/trap doors, secret smart home devices (statues that can open secret doors).

**If this comes with a new world, it could be a dynamic world (like Strangerville or that one Island in Island Living). The town is *fine* at first, but can be improved if your heroic sims fix it up, or MADE WORSE if your villain sims ruin it.

I'm not a fan of a variety of superheroes, so I'm not certain of all the tropes. If you have more, feel free to contribute.

"jadonbakes;d-967019" wrote:

This is a great idea. In SimCity they have Maxis Man, to make it gender neutral it could be Maxis Sim.

Also, I like the idea of most of the villainy stuff being contained to that world, you can choose to add some stuff to other worlds, but it is mostly contained to the superhero world. Superheros is something the sims lacks, there is a mod for it, but it is a bit too violent for my taste. So if an EP was made, especially if it had quests (because I did enjoy the storyline that was added with StrangerVille).

EA should definitely consider a superhero pack and add in the News anchor person career and beef up the TV channel so it has live reports of sims at locations when Superhero stuff go down.
  • "Raichisims;c-17268660" wrote:
    Why is everyone discussing powers? It's clear as day to me that superhero/super-villain would make great "get-to-work" style jobs. I remember sims 3 playing ghost-busters over and over again because it was so much fun.

This would definitely be a good opportunity for a new active career. Or even something a sim is involved in outside their career.
    I could see a few different types of heroic feats a supersim is tasked with (and tasks can come in via light signal in the sky or a secret superphone). They might just perform community service tasks (volunteer stuff like in Parenthood, just a rabbitholes), rescue tasks (someone is down a sewer hole, someone is dangling out a window, tied to subway tracks), and crime prevention (a villain is doing something evil, and your supersim has to stop them and fight them.)

Also, not sure if they would get paid, because superheroes typically work for free. Maybe get paid in powers/perks.

Also also, let's keep the discussion productive. Offer a critique, a solution, an idea. If you see something not working, tell us how you would change it to make it work. If you don't have any ideas, don't post.