Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Superstar/Fame Pack

I know this is not entirely a fan favorite with most people. I get that there are soooooo many other ideas out there but I honestly am craving a new fame/superstar pack. Superstar was probably my second favorite EP from TS1 and I'm hoping to see it come to fruition again in TS4. Here are just a few ideas I have for the pack. Let me know what you think.

• The careers should be things like Acting/Directing, Model/Fashion Designer and Singer.
  • Careers might be like CL careers where your sims can go to work or do out side activities and go back to work.
  • Possible to have them more like GTW careers where you can go with them?
  • It should be hard to become a celebrity and that doing so means you can easily lose celebrity status.
  • Celebrity Status should be interchangeable if possible like the Superstar EP. Sims could still primarily do one career but dabble in others like a singer being in a fashion show every once in a while
  • Singers can record albums, shoot music videos, perform on stage (?)
  • Actors can choose to do either movies or tv shows and have different genres to choose from. (Horror, SciFi, Drama,Romance, Comedy, Action etc)
  • Models can run a fashion runway and pose for magazine covers
  • Directors can write their stories and watch them on the silver screen
  • Fashion designers can design new looks for sims like with mannequins.
  • Sims who start from the bottom go through a talent agent or can be discovered.
  • Big Perks for being a celebrity like special treatments and things like that.
  • Maybe a chance for a sim to win an award for their craft. Simmy award (Music) or the Sim Choice Award (popularity)
  • Possible Award shows (off lot event like volunteer work).
  • Celebrities suffer too like paparazzi following them everywhere, tabloids, feuds with other people.
  • Simstagram should be an official thing and it makes it possible for celebrity sims to keep in touch with fans.
  • Also having meet and greets with fans as well and autograph signings.
  • Bodyguards
  • Collaborating with other artists
  • Star Trailer
  • Crazy Fan(s)
  • Appearing on Talk Shows/Doing interviews
  • Voice Acting for kids cartoon shows.
  • Toddler/Child/Teen actors?
  • Maybe ^ if Kid and Teen shows are a thing and if there are commercial auditions.
  • Possibly doing movies on location like Granite Falls or other places.
  • Special Events like Red Carpets
  • A studio location (similar like Superstar) where sims can access it only if they choose to be in the fame career track. Again, similar to how the GTW careers work.

1/16/18

• Bands should be a returned feature.
  • If Bands become a thing, new instruments should be implemented.
  • The system might work the same as clubs from GT.
  • Some bands could hold auditions for new members.
  • Maybe a Superstar/Fame Skill? (Up to lvl 5 or lvl 10)
  • I mentioned chance cards but I want to elaborate more on those:
  • Celebrity Chance cards might be dependent on a Superstar skill. The higher the skill, the more options on how to handle certain situations.
  • Pretty much like the Parenting skill.
  • A possible "Superstar Value" (system like Character Values)
  • RESERVED for Superstar Value IDEAS
  • Fame Skill will unlock more career opportunities.
  • Sim Star Ratings.
  • Along with events such as red carpets and meet and greets, I would like there to be other "off screen" events as well
  • Another possible career would be a reality TV star.
  • If not a career, maybe it could be a certain genre that sims can pursue.
  • The "exclusive" Studio world could include things from Superstar like recording studios or movie/tv sets.
  • New Aspiration: A-Lister: Your sim wants to become completely unforgettable. Help them rise to the top and become Studio Town's hottest new A-lister
  • Reward Trait: Star Quality. Everyone loves your sim and their status as a celebrity makes it too hard for people to not love them. Job opportunities will have increased success and they can make even the most scandalous rumor disappear.
  • New Radio Stations: Hip Hop and R&B
  • Projects that flop will affect your sims' star rating and will get them talked about )not in a good way).
  • VIP parties with the return of a bouncer (?)

3/14/18

The different star rating/fame skill levels

• Level 1: Sims at this level will be new to the scene. They want to become 5-star celebrities/A-Listers and will do whatever it takes to get to that level…even stepping on a few toes. Projects are slim and most of them are background or behind the scene roles but it’s a start. Maybe there is some hope that they will be given their big break. Just don’t forget your friends and family when you make it big.
• Level 2: Sims at this level are getting noticed. Some fans notice them in the streets and it’s a great feeling. But they aren’t getting any fan mail just yet. Now it’s time to get to work and start working even harder. It’s hard to get anywhere but it’s easy to get knocked down. X is getting more projects and is getting recognition by the bigger studios but they still have a long way to go.
• Level 3: X is making a name for themselves! Fans are coming up to your sim to get autographs and take selfies on the street. X is making more money and is becoming the talk of the town. While many sims are happy for your sim, others aren’t too enthusiastic about your sim becoming a rising star and are willing to knock you down a peg. X will need to watch their backs for the jealous celebrities and even their “friends”.
• Level 4: Your sim has come so far and their work is paying off. More elite studios are looking at X and they just might be interested in them. Your sims’ face is everywhere and their name is in bright lights. Everywhere they go they get special treatment and sometimes, unwanted attention from the paparazzi. Fans will want to know what you’re doing, what you’re wearing and who you’re dating every second of the day. Your sim is enjoying the limelight but how long will it last? Will X crash and burn? Or will they finally make their way to the top?
• Level 5: X has made it to the top! Hanging out with the best of the best and are doing big things. With more fans and money than they can count, X is living the lap of luxury. Talk shows, red carpets and awards…the works! Your sim doesn’t seem to want to stop any time soon and plans on staying at the top. All of that hard work has paid off and X is an A-lister.