Forum Discussion

Mk_2790
New Spectator
2 years ago

Voice accent for CAS

Do you think it could be a way to introduce accents in CAS without record all the simslish voices again?

Each world should have it's own accent for the local sims.
    ChadSims2
    Seasoned Newcomer
    They would have to record all the voices over again but accents would be fun and make Sims feel more unique I'd love a southern accent a Boston accent valley girl and west coast surfer.
  • I'm sure they'd need to rerecord them, as I've never heard of an audio process to add specific accents to a voice.

Hmmm... I made a short a while back in Yorkshire-accented German. Now I'm curious to tru various UK-accented Simlish.
  • > @Gigge said:
    > I don't know. Sounds like it might be hard to do.

They would have to have voice actors, sound designers, and people to integrate/code it into the game, but those are typically educated professionals in their field that should already know how to do their part, so I feel its more about the money, priorities, and demand. I do think they could work it in next time they release a new location, or if they did an general voice update, but I really don't see them implementing it, despite how cool it would be.
  • > @EddieWhatever said:
    > > @Gigge said:
    > > I don't know. Sounds like it might be hard to do.
    >
    > They would have to have voice actors, sound designers, and people to integrate/code it into the game, but those are typically educated professionals in their field that should already know how to do their part, so I feel its more about the money, priorities, and demand. I do think they could work it in next time they release a new location, or if they did an general voice update, but I really don't see them implementing it, despite how cool it would be.

Yeah, exactly hard to coordinate all of that.

Plus, if this game is drawing to a close with the advent of a new game in development, less and less attention is going to be put toward this game.
  • I feel like that would be nearly impossible to do, but I would love to have more accents in the game! It could be a really fun way to recognise sims from different worlds.
  • I feel like accents would bring little new to gameplay and they would require lots of money, time and effort to implement, because they would basically need all the voice actors to act out the voices again but with the different accents. I would rather they spend the money on implementing other cultural things, like different greetings or habits, customs, dances, foods, etc. I am still hoping they will one day bring back the hula dance which is sorely missing from Sulani.
    cb2342z
    New Spectator
    Rey from the Journey to Batuu pack has a British accent. However, they only recorded a few lines in Simlish with the voice actor. Thus, she is mostly mute if taken out of her role in the Batuu storyline and moved into a household. Removing her hidden traits allows her to talk like a normal Sim.
  • I would love accents. Wondering why people from IL sound just like those from CL and everyone else. English accent would be awesome! Maybe add other parts of the world as well to make things seem more sense?

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,092 PostsLatest Activity: 2 months ago