Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Water bowls for pets

It’s kinda weird how we just have a food bowl for our pets. I believe there should be also a water bowl as well. They drink from water puddles but there is no water bowl? That’s strange. So please make a water bowls for our pets. Thanks.
  • Unless we have a Thirst need in the game, this would be totally unnecessary.

Don't get me wrong. The absence of Thirst need in the entire series is ridiculous at the very first place. I'd like it for a more realistic gameplay.
  • I agree. Pets need waterbowls. Maybe that's something they can add in an update.
  • In TS3, I had a cc water bowl that was cloned from a food bowl. I dearly hope that someone will make that kind of object for TS4.

If I remember correctly, the bowl never needed to be filled. It worked amazingly well and was quite good from the standpoint of immersion. Sometimes the dogs/cats ate from the food bowl. Sometimes, they 'drank' from the water bowl. It was lovely.

Sometimes, appearances is all that player needs. Everything doesn't always have to be so complicated.
  • I agree that it's pretty pointless without a thirst need. They probably didn't add it because they didn't want people to think the pets needed water to survive, since you can't see their needs or anything like that. But I would love to see a thirst need get added for both the pets and the humans.
  • In the Sims, "hunger" is supposed to include thirst - the game does not differentiate. This goes for both pets and humans (simians?). In Sims 1, the pet feeder actually consisted of a pair of bowls, one for for food and one for water, so that it looked as though your pet was alternately eating and drinking. This was not repeated in later iterations, which is a pity as it seems like such a simple solution. I remember, though, that in Sims 3 cats and dogs could drink from a pond or stream and this would fulfill their hunger need. Horses were the only animal that had a separate thirst need and needed to drink as well as eat.
  • "Cynna;c-16710238" wrote:
    In TS3, I had a cc water bowl that was cloned from a food bowl. I dearly hope that someone will make that kind of object for TS4.

If I remember correctly, the bowl never needed to be filled. It worked amazingly well and was quite good from the standpoint of immersion. Sometimes the dogs/cats ate from the food bowl. Sometimes, they 'drank' from the water bowl. It was lovely.

Sometimes, appearances is all that player needs. Everything doesn't always have to be so complicated.

Someone already has a cc waterbowl were the food looks like water. Sorry I cant remember were I saw it
  • "catloverplayer;c-16710697" wrote:

Someone already has a cc waterbowl were the food looks like water. Sorry I cant remember were I saw it

That's okay. Thank you for the heads up, I'll find it. :)

Edited to add: I found a water bowl to match the automatic feeder. It's perfect for the house of one of the Sims in my story. Thanks again for letting me know what was out there. :)
  • I was thinking about this today while I watched my doggy (in real life) drink sloppily from her water bowl. It would be so much more realistic for Cats & Dogs to have them. Really, most living things including pets need food & water to survive.
    Please patch this in.
  • The main time I want a water bowl is when it's hot and the household dog is clearly hot and miserable and sure SEEMS like they would really, really like a drink of water.